advice please

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury

no its sky and only one router so i need to find out.

@jennifer1967 i wonder if @nitram can suggest a way for you to get internet in all rooms in your house

You could talk to Sky, they have wireless boosters and if they don't work they hard wire it in.

A lot depends on the house layout, type of walls and location of whitegoods in relation to router and where you want the signal.

If you just want basic access not streaming have a look at power line adapters eg
they take the signal through the mains.

You connect the router to one with an ethernet cable, the other can be wifi or an ethernet connection.
Pass through versions just allow something else to be plugged in where the adaptor is .

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
1. connect your device upstairs with an aethernet cable. My Sky router is downstairs and although I can get a signal upstairs for my PC, it's much better with a cable connection.
2. you can buy an internet signal booster gadget. In fact, I believe Sky do one and/or it comes with their newer equipment.

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
On the WiFi front, worth complaining to Sky that signal doesn't cover your home and see if they send you a mesh. If they won't you can get a mesh system yourself, I have a Tenda nova mesh and now we have internet everywhere, even in the garden! I didn't think it was difficult to set up but did require me downloading an app on my phone. If you're not confident perhaps one of your kids could help?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
thank you so much. will look into all of it tomorrow and see what ive already got and what i need. today, he has upgraded my laptop. another secondhand one but good one. more modern and have sound and a microphone and camera which will mean i can see and hear my grandson who lives in kent. hes just started nursery and we have missed chunks of him growing up. he has done too much today and is very wobbly on his legs to the point that he looks like he is going to topple over any time he stands up. and hes not judging distances very well due to the tiny cataract. he helped me out the door with my scooter and nearly fell. i came back and my neighbour was outside. they asked if i needed 3 strong men,[to help with the scooter indoors] and im not going to turn that down. he even lined it up in my passage and was so chuffed. i was finding it hard to manage with himself looking like he would fall. the problem is his pride and he doesnt want to admit he needs help which makes it hard on everyone else. i know its not easy. i dont find it easy to ask for help.
ive finally got a new date for the mayors tea on 28/10 so that will be good. the carers have sorted taxis and going to source a wheelchair as easier than my scooter. i have a nice new pair of trousers and just treated myself to a blouse to match. the last date was hotter and the clothes are too thin and summery so thought i would treat myself. now im going out, i will be able to wear different clothes.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967 .

Not long now.

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk i bought a pair of trousers in asda on sale 2-3 yrs ago and never wore 8them so treated myself to a top to match. tried them on last night, and the trousers fit lovely.
i have a confession to make to those that was helping me internet solutions. im a total idiot, took my phone up with me last night as always, found the wireless signal was there and was quite strong so i have a signal upstairs. i was wondering what the symbol on my phone was. what an idiot :eek: so thankyou, i just learnt something new.
my house is pre-cast concrete rema house so i didnt think i would a signal.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
thank goodness hes gone out. its been a particularly hard weekend. hes had a dip and im trying to be tolerant in repeatedly repeating myself and explaining. it tires you out and im so glad someone else is on the end of it today. im finishing the babys cardi with music and be left alone which is such a luxury that im not wasting it.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
he has just come in and hes been making bugs hotels. right up @MaNaAk street. they have been making bird boxes and have made already made a couple of bugs hotels. they have like twigs and nesting materials in them. they are having an open day ands these are for fundraising. des res of the spider and ant world. might have an ensuite as well.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
he has just come in and hes been making bugs hotels. right up @MaNaAk street. they have been making bird boxes and have made already made a couple of bugs hotels. they have like twigs and nesting materials in them. they are having an open day ands these are for fundraising. des res of the spider and ant world. might have an ensuite as well.
He will need to measure any spiders and give them a light tap (@lemonbalm)???.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967,

I hope your husband enjoy's men's shed and that you have a good break.

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk hes got to have a blood test first. my oldest son is coming over to take him then take him to the shed. my husband got a bit annoyed with one of the members on monday for pushing in on what he was doing but it was fine. looking forward to the break and doing my knitting. put some music on and thats a very good morning

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
mayors tea is 2 weeks so im going to the hairdressers tomorrow after about 2 years to get the mane tidied up. another little treat. its a local hairdresser that i have used in the past and are as good as any other. see how many grey hairs will be on show is quite a bit. im 54 now so its to be expected. he was a bit argumentative at mens shed monday when someone was trying to push in on what he and another man was doing so i hope it goes ok this morning. it wasnt just him that this person annoyed but still. as long as he doesnt flare up, we will be alright.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well that was painless!! went to the local hairdresser and had 4 inches taken off and its still down past my shoulder. i have got a bald spot where i had steroid cream but thats growing back. it wasnt as bad so i might repeat the experience.
he has been good and i think the memantine has improve things. im more tolerant as well because he has slipped.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well that was painless!! went to the local hairdresser and had 4 inches taken off and its still down past my shoulder. i have got a bald spot where i had steroid cream but thats growing back. it wasnt as bad so i might repeat the experience.
he has been good and i think the memantine has improve things. im more tolerant as well because he has slipped.
all taken care of. the taxi booked and wheelchair will be waiting for me when i get there so dont have to walk and give myself pain. and to think i wasnt going to go in the first place but it was important that the city council see what arrangements and facilities have to be put in place for disabled carers. its about the carers and not just the person that is cared for that needs caring for and helping out.