advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i have had to phone the pharmacy yet again as they didnt deliver the patch. its worked out that she put it with the tablets delivered on friday and a pharmacist has taken it out of the bag again and left it in the controlled drugs cupboard in the pharmacy. she promised the next one will be in with my tablets on friday. thats the second week in a row that i have had to chase it up. its just lack of communication and interference. this patch helps me to have a life, go out and look after my husband. stress makes the pain worse.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
@jennifer1967 - I feel your stress. When I had a pain patch, the fact that it was a controlled drug, caused no end of problems. Prescriptions written incorrectly, problems in obtaining the patches, not to mention that if a patch came off (got wet, or caused skin rashes) I had the spanish inquisition to get a replacement.

I felt on several occasions I was being accused of drug-seeking. Eventually, after I had my knee replacement, the pain improved and I was able to come off them. Our health services really don't deal well with chronic pain, for which there is no treatment or cure. I hope you manage to get it sorted.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
@jennifer1967 - I feel your stress. When I had a pain patch, the fact that it was a controlled drug, caused no end of problems. Prescriptions written incorrectly, problems in obtaining the patches, not to mention that if a patch came off (got wet, or caused skin rashes) I had the spanish inquisition to get a replacement.

I felt on several occasions I was being accused of drug-seeking. Eventually, after I had my knee replacement, the pain improved and I was able to come off them. Our health services really don't deal well with chronic pain, for which there is no treatment or cure. I hope you manage to get it sorted.
thank you @Helly68 it might not sound serious in the grand scheme of things but i never want to go back to a year ago and it is made such an impact on how i cope. im only young 54 and i will have to have them for the rest of my life is a dismal thought but if thats the way i have to do to cope, then it needs to be routine. ive got plasters on it to keep it there as it almost fell off in the shower even with the safeguards of trying not to get it wet.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
im supposed to be starting an injection once a week on the same day for my uncontrolled diabetes. it also takes the weight off which is a bonus. they ordered me a sharps box 3 wks ago so i phoned the doctors to find out where it was. i was told not to start the injections until i had a sharps box. baring in mind that my husband has dementia and i have grandchildren that come in, she said put it on the side somewhere, no, the best one was put them in an empty milk carton/bottle. an accident waiting to happen. its like putting bleach in a lemonade bottle. a sharps box he knows not too touch. a milk bottle still looks like a milk bottle. yes they know he has dementia. thats a new level of ignorance that i havent come across until now. that could have been so dangerous its shocking. i phoned them up and the box is coming next tuesday so i will start then

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
im supposed to be starting an injection once a week on the same day for my uncontrolled diabetes. it also takes the weight off which is a bonus. they ordered me a sharps box 3 wks ago so i phoned the doctors to find out where it was. i was told not to start the injections until i had a sharps box. baring in mind that my husband has dementia and i have grandchildren that come in, she said put it on the side somewhere, no, the best one was put them in an empty milk carton/bottle. an accident waiting to happen. its like putting bleach in a lemonade bottle. a sharps box he knows not too touch. a milk bottle still looks like a milk bottle. yes they know he has dementia. thats a new level of ignorance that i havent come across until now. that could have been so dangerous its shocking. i phoned them up and the box is coming next tuesday so i will start then
Dear @jennifer1967 ,

It's good that you've got these things coming but it's a shame you have to chase them up.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
thank you, the hairdressers waterproof cape around the shoulders worked to keep the patch dry. thought i would share in case anyone else as the same problems.
Good I'm glad about that I bet your hair's all lovely and light and very pretty.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
have an appt for the gastro consultant on monday. they wanted to see him but i wouldnt be able to go with him and he has refused to go with one of the kids. they are worried that polyps in his stomach lining could be cancerous. he has a hiatus hernia as well and food going back up the foodpipe from the stomach.in the end, ive asked if the consultant could phone me as he did before. my husband doesnt want to speak to him as he was a bit pushy. he gets confused and agitated talking to doctors. weve had a frank discussion today so i know his wishes when im phoned. he does have capacity to state what he will do and not do. he wont have an endoscopy and even if he did, and they found cancer, he doesnt want chemo or any treatment for it. he understands the consequences and i have to respect his decision

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967 I have you're okay.

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk trying to get hold of our gp. i can understand his decision and i respect it. he already has 2 co-morbidities so i suppose the if its cancer then he thinks whats the point of treating another. i can see his point but its me that will be talking to the consultant. i got him a telephone appt with a gp this morning.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
good morning @MaNaAk trying to get hold of our gp. i can understand his decision and i respect it. he already has 2 co-morbidities so i suppose the if its cancer then he thinks whats the point of treating another. i can see his point but its me that will be talking to the consultant. i got him a telephone appt with a gp this morning.
I'm concerned about you getting anxious about this. Did you have a good night?

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton

MaNaAk
not great, kept waking up but the heat contributed to it. his mum had stomach cancer. i can see his point as he has got 2 conditions that are progressive and no cure so why would he want to treat the possible 3rd. the appt is not til 5pm so hes going to be on edge all day. he will go to mens shed and be tired out so im hoping that will keep him calm. im fine, just thinking it through on my own

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer,

Are you okay and how was the appointment?

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk the appt is not until monday. he doesnt want to talk to him so its on my head. he is already on edge and the appt is not until 5pm on monday so i dont rate my chances of getting through the next few days without him upsetting me. hes already being challenging. i ask him a question and hes already jumping ahead of me and guessing what im asking. we have to get through the weekend yet. im trying to keep him busy. we have to clean out the freezer tomorrow so that will keep us both occupied. my son is coming to move so we can get the new one in on saturday. the scooter will be fully charged and i will disappear if he gets too much.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i didnt think i was far wrong. hes worried and like always, hes taking it out on me like im not worried.. hes been having a go at me for the last 2 days. hes trying to block it out by having a go at me. he doesnt want the endoscopy and i respect and accept that but now hes trying to use it like a bargaining tool and make me be responsible for the decision.i havent slept well the last couple of nights as im worried too but that doesnt come into the equation, not even considered.
he came home from mens sheds and the music had to go off straight away regardless as to whether i was enjoying it or not. i was knitting at the time so put it down and made him a cup of tea and he was still demanding, ordering and being a bully to a point that i started crying. im worn out and i still keep going but i reached my limit on what i was prepared to put up with and went upstairs for couple of hours to get out of his way. he said that it wasnt working me dealing with him having dementia. i can manage dementia being a carer for 9 yrs in a carehome with challenging behaviour, what i cant manage is the bullying and putting the emphasis on me. not really wording it right but i have enough to deal with without him getting short-tempered with me because hes trying to block it out. he has capacity and the CPN said he knows what hes doing. he ruined the day for me and cancelled out any benefit from the 2hr break i had.
the other thing was that he bought me a ready meal which is fine but it contains red wine gravy. i dont drink alcohol or eat anything with alcohol in it at all out of principal and he knows that. my mum ordered sherry trifle for my wedding and i couldnt eat. im strict with it. hes belittle my principals by saying the alcohol gets burnt off. i know that but i will not eat it. its like if you were a vegetarian and someone gave you meat. i think that hurt more. ive told him that its unacceptable and why should i be treated like it. it hurts just as much as if someone physically hits you. he is clearing the freezer tomorrow now ready for the new one coming on saturday and im going out.
the community nurse has phoned and i am having my flu jab at home on tuesday so i will be covered. i assume that pharmacy will be offering them too very soon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife