advice please

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I know you will want the house clean especially with a grandson coming too but do remember they are coming to see you not a pristine immaculate house so if you can compromise a little so you don’t end up in loads of pain with your back whilst they are visiting. I know it is hard when you want it looking nice but it would also be good to enjoy the visit without too much pain.
Well done on the knitting.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I know you will want the house clean especially with a grandson coming too but do remember they are coming to see you not a pristine immaculate house so if you can compromise a little so you don’t end up in loads of pain with your back whilst they are visiting. I know it is hard when you want it looking nice but it would also be good to enjoy the visit without too much pain.
Well done on the knitting.
the house is clean but just wanted to do extra, which isnt necessary just my stupid pride. talked myself out of it now. maybe my older son can cut the grass and he can go out there with the toys ive collected. might be a better idea. could go to the park with him this time. im struggling at the moment to do the basics as i ache and cant sleep. nearly finished the cardi and my husband bought me some pink to do a blanket next. ive arthritis in my hands so it keeps them moving.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Glad to hear you have talked yourself out of it. Sleep deprivation is not good especially if caused by even more pain due to excess housework - clean is good. Hopefully we will have some lovely weather and time can be spent outside.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Glad to hear you have talked yourself out of it. Sleep deprivation is not good especially if caused by even more pain due to excess housework - clean is good. Hopefully we will have some lovely weather and time can be spent outside.
ive had enough trouble sat on the settee today. hope its better tomorrow once the new patch kicks in and extra painkillers tonight.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967 . I hope you had a better night and are feeling better.

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk my stomach feels better and got my own plate out last night! another bad night where i was in pain and woke up every couple of hours and took ages to go back to sleep again. i had to change the patch last night and i hoping it will kick in today. took and extra painkiller last night but nothing worked to relieve it. it doesnt help that the other knee i had a partial replacement is playing up as well. my ramp came so im going to pick up my paper soon. using my stick helps but i feel like an old lady.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
good morning @MaNaAk my stomach feels better and got my own plate out last night! another bad night where i was in pain and woke up every couple of hours and took ages to go back to sleep again. i had to change the patch last night and i hoping it will kick in today. took and extra painkiller last night but nothing worked to relieve it. it doesnt help that the other knee i had a partial replacement is playing up as well. my ramp came so im going to pick up my paper soon. using my stick helps but i feel like an old lady.
Be careful what you do today @jennifer1967 .

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Be careful what you do today @jennifer1967 .

MaNaAk
i know, hes already wound me up, i put the washing out and put the kettle on on my way. he sat there waiting for me to finish so i could make a cup of tea. i am not a waitress and i told him. im changing his bed and that it is. i sit down and do most of it but ive told him he needs to help. great start to the day.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
i know, hes already wound me up, i put the washing out and put the kettle on on my way. he sat there waiting for me to finish so i could make a cup of tea. i am not a waitress and i told him. im changing his bed and that it is. i sit down and do most of it but ive told him he needs to help. great start to the day.
At this point if you're able to you could just go up the road on the scooter.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
hes made me a cup of tea to make up for earlier. i have been careful with my back and leg and at least the pain has reduced. got birth and marriage cert copies through the post so got the documents. he goes to mens shed tomorrow so a break in the morning. phoned bus company and i can actually my scooter on the bus so can go a bit further. its a tiny bit long but should be enough to turn and park it. friday, im hoping to go a bit further than the local shops. it got me out of the situation this morning and the new ramp is a lot better and easier.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
hes made me a cup of tea to make up for earlier. i have been careful with my back and leg and at least the pain has reduced. got birth and marriage cert copies through the post so got the documents. he goes to mens shed tomorrow so a break in the morning. phoned bus company and i can actually my scooter on the bus so can go a bit further. its a tiny bit long but should be enough to turn and park it. friday, im hoping to go a bit further than the local shops. it got me out of the situation this morning and the new ramp is a lot better and easier.
I’m so glad that there is some good news! You go girl?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I’m so glad that there is some good news! You go girl?
thankyou @TNJJ the pain is settling as well after sitting down for quite a while and watching what im doing. the morphine patch seems to have kick in as well so a day tomorrow resting should sort it but im will have to be more careful

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I am glad to hear that the pain is easing, that he made you a cup of tea, that the new ramps arrived and that you will be able to go further as it can go on the bus. So I hope you have rested a bit today so that when he goes to men shed tomorrow you can really enjoy that break.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I am glad to hear that the pain is easing, that he made you a cup of tea, that the new ramps arrived and that you will be able to go further as it can go on the bus. So I hope you have rested a bit today so that when he goes to men shed tomorrow you can really enjoy that break.
thank youi changed his bed but that is it today. tomorrow im doing nothing. im learning i have to limit what i do which is frustrating. ive started decluttering my bedroom so i can take some light stuff when i go out on friday.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
im absolutely shattered with not sleeping as my back and leg ache. its also on the side i preferred to lay on so thats making it worse. he went to his mens shed so i had a break for most of the morning which im thankful for. hes well established now and looks forward to the twice a week he goes. its going to open up further days in the future as it gets all its equipment in. ive spent the morning listening to music which my neighbours said they enjoyed. luckily they have the same taste so they sit in their garden and listen.
finished knitting the cardi and just have to sew it together.
big announcement, i now have my own key to the house after mine had to go in the keysafe last november.. im going out tomorrow a bit further than local shop so looking forward to that and having a browse around the shops whjich i havent done since last july. im hoping to take a few things from my bedroom to the charity shop on the way. bit by bit its going.