advice please

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
@MaNaAk - this may give you and others a laugh. My fathers tortoises (I seem to remember you have tortoises), all climbed on his bathroom scales and broke them!
We wondered why he only weighed two stone....
The tortoises are outside much of the time now, but also have a heated shelter in an upstairs room. They basically have the run of the house/garden/conservatory. Sadly, as my father's memory problems worsen, we are going to have to re-home them (we are in touch with a rehoming group) as they are getting too much for him.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
you are not going to believe this actually you probably will!!! they sent him out another appt for barium meal and swallow for next monday and to starve him for 4 hrs like i did monday but then they said for 6 hrs. ive phoned them and she said that she has made the mistake and should be 6 hrs and send a new letter out., so he is being starved on monday for 6hrs to go for the appt. if they get it wrong, what hope is there for me to get it right. even worse for PWD to understand it

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
you are not going to believe this actually you probably will!!! they sent him out another appt for barium meal and swallow for next monday and to starve him for 4 hrs like i did monday but then they said for 6 hrs. ive phoned them and she said that she has made the mistake and should be 6 hrs and send a new letter out., so he is being starved on monday for 6hrs to go for the appt. if they get it wrong, what hope is there for me to get it right. even worse for PWD to understand it
Don’t laugh I did that when accompanying a disabled student to university lectures….only about 20 teenagers heard me ask where my glasses are!!

They were on my head!!
my husband has done that more than once. when we had a car, he couldnt find his car keys and he had sat on them!!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
ive just had my mobility scooter delivered. he said i could have one. it was secondhand but looks nearly new. can put it in the boot but has suspension and is more robust than the light ones with bigger seat. it can go 13 miles and the battery is almost new as well. top speed 4mph which is enough. he has been a pain keep dishing out instructions which i dont need. just need to master it and then i have my freedom back again. just got to make room for it

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
ive just had my mobility scooter delivered. he said i could have one. it was secondhand but looks nearly new. can put it in the boot but has suspension and is more robust than the light ones with bigger seat. it can go 13 miles and the battery is almost new as well. top speed 4mph which is enough. he has been a pain keep dishing out instructions which i dont need. just need to master it and then i have my freedom back again. just got to make room for it
Some good news at last?

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
Enjoy and don’t worry you will soon get hang of it…….. don’t wait to long to get out there.

First step towards your freedom and independence—— big ✅

Excited for you???

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Enjoy and don’t worry you will soon get hang of it…….. don’t wait to long to get out there.

First step towards your freedom and independence—— big ✅

Excited for you???
thank you @DianeW its exciting and daunting at the same time. the pavements where i am are good so just got to get going. just need a ramp to get it in and out but thats a minor thing. getting it was the biggest hurdle.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Later I watched my 4 cats playing chase round the back of the settee where this plug board is and it dawned on me that they were the culprits. I've explained the issue to them and told them not to do it again... :)
Do let us know if the lecture worked. My cats would look at me solemnly and then do exactly what they wanted.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
@jennifer1967 great news ! Since reading your post I seem to be hearing the lyrics on funky moped in my head!!! So you have to ride! ride!ride! Good luck am very pleased that you have this as it will enable you to get out. Maybe there’s a knit and natter near you?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
@jennifer1967 great news ! Since reading your post I seem to be hearing the lyrics on funky moped in my head!!! So you have to ride! ride!ride! Good luck am very pleased that you have this as it will enable you to get out. Maybe there’s a knit and natter near you?
thank you @Starting on a journey i finished the back and the first front of the babys cardi. i did get a couple more books of knits as i havent done any for a while, youngest grandchild is 3 1/2. even going for cuppa will be good and can escape when he gets into his moods. i shouted at him today as he thought he knew everything and issuing instructions. get a break tomorrow so something to look forward to. if i may say, you have unusual taste in music. im more silver dream machine by david essex.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
Tell me about it!! The news of your conveyance must have ignited my brain in all this weather and look what happens . Still Asda tomorrow and they always play T Rex at 12 so maybe that will slot in it’s place !!

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Hi @jennifer1967 am thrilled to see you have got your scooter hope you enjoy all your trips out on it. Partner was nervous when he got his but soon mastered it albeit after crashing into a shelving unit in garage a couple of times. Secret with his was just to remember it did move a tiny bit once his hands left the handle and not to rush into space to park but slowly, slowly all good now.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hi @jennifer1967 am thrilled to see you have got your scooter hope you enjoy all your trips out on it. Partner was nervous when he got his but soon mastered it albeit after crashing into a shelving unit in garage a couple of times. Secret with his was just to remember it did move a tiny bit once his hands left the handle and not to rush into space to park but slowly, slowly all good now.
thank you @Wildflowerlady i have already crushed a lampshade that was going in the bin any way. there is a dead slow button and work upwards. just bought the ramp for the door threshold so i can get it in and out easily. it was supposed to be delivered on friday but he was in my area and delivered it today.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Oooh, how exciting that your scooter has arrived!

Make sure it doesnt just stay in your hallway..........
;)
thanks @canary it wont be staying in my hallway. it would be a really expensive statement piece! just bought the ramp as its heavy to lift over the doorstep. the battery is very heavy. soon as it arrives, im out and he can moan to himself.