advice please

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I am glad that you have the dementia navigator person too (mum’s was good as well) I am not surprised you are all strung up at the moment. At least you have got an unexpected hour tomorrow and maybe a bit of knitting will be distracting for you and you can relax a bit

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967. I hope you are feeling better now and you do get that break.

MaNaAk
morning @MaNaAk no still feeling rough. hopefully i will improve as the day goes on. i just think everything is getting on top of me. i havent even got him up yet. hes going off on the bus so i have some space. sorry im a right moaner in the last few days and i dont think im doing him any favours either. i couldnt get warm yesterday. i think its just the changeable weather we keep having

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The changeable weather is quite extreme even for the UK. One day I`m almost passing out with the heat, cancelling appointments because I haven`t the energy to go out and the next day I`m turning the gas fire on.

Add being a full time carer to the mix and it`s no wonder things are getting on top of you @jennifer1967

Just grab every opportunity you can get to have a rest.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well we have had a message from the doctors that i have to make an appt tomorrow morning as they have the results of the scan that was only done yesterday. doesnt seem good news if the result has come back so quickly today. worst part is that i will be given the result first as he always gives me the phone to talk to them. hes gone out now. im losing weight unintentionally. i need to but the healthy way. we need a break from everything medical. ive got my music and hes told me not to do anything and just sit. not sure i can do much else.

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Sorry you are having such a stressful time @jennifer1967 . These things just seem never ending sometimes.
I hope your music is helping. We'll all be thinking of you.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I remember ‘crazy frog’ but not a lot about it. Is that how you spent your hour of freedom.
I hope that the appointment is better than expected tomorrow as you don’t need anymore stress.
more hugs to you and still wishing you a decent nights sleep

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I remember ‘crazy frog’ but not a lot about it. Is that how you spent your hour of freedom.
I hope that the appointment is better than expected tomorrow as you don’t need anymore stress.
more hugs to you and still wishing you a decent nights sleep
no i was listening to a new cd and it had the song on it Axel F with the crazy frog. its so annoying that it made me smile. im just weird and have funny taste sometimes. it was with adverts of mobile phones 2005. remix of beverley hills cop. anyway, i hope not but its pretty quick for not having anything. thanks for the hugs, always appreciated. ive only been able to say that since i been on the forum. at least i feel better. my daughter is coming tomorrow anyway to bring his meds round. she does his boxes in the pharmacy she works at as a dispenser.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i phoned the gp at 8am and am waiting for a call back from her this morning. finished my book and then did relaxation exercises to help go to sleep. woke up at 3am and read a magazine. more relaxation exercises and finally went back to sleep at 4-30am to get up to phone. he says he hasnt slept very well either as hes worried. my daughter has not come yet. didnt take metformin again this morning and so far been alright so i need them to change it for one that my stomach can tolerate.just got to be patient

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
the doctor has phoned back and its not the result of the ct scan he had on tuesday but to go through the consultants letter that they and we received yesterday and check all the tests have been carried out,blood tests, barium meal, ct, and he has to have an urine test to see if theres any blood in it. hes on iron tablets, twice a day for 3 months. the scan results will go back to the consultant for him to tell us. so we have to wait a bit longer. thats the 3rd new tablet that he is getting. this is so stressful. i just need to know the results of the scan one way or another. im really tired and hes already nodding off.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s really stressful when the causes of the problems aren`t obvious. There`s little you can do and at least they are trying.
I know you are living with it too but try to get as much rest as you can and leave the tests to the medics.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
It`s really stressful when the causes of the problems aren`t obvious. There`s little you can do and at least they are trying.
I know you are living with it too but try to get as much rest as you can and leave the tests to the medics.
thanks @Grannie G i know and im going to sit back and put my feet up. the tension doesnt help my back as its so tight

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon56