advice please

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
1 When the former neighbour on the right had a party one night I realised there was a benefit to dad being deaf!

2 When the former neighbour on the left had a party he drunkenly called out "see that blue tit there! He's got more brain than Bush!".

Enjoy Father's Day and I hope you got some sleep @jennifer1967.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
morning @MaNaAk the party went on to about 1am so not to bad and it was only loud talking rather than music. didnt hear next door but the rain force them in. i had a better night that i have some solid sleep but my hips and back are hurting like mad. i nearly fell in the garden last night.hes just got up very breathless with the dampness in the air. he laughed at my card. better make him a cup of tea.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my daughter has just flown in with a father day card and flown out again as they have booked to go to a place for the day with the grandkids so wont see her today. not sure if oldest son is coming and younger son will probably phone from kent as he doesnt send cards. happy fathers day to all the dads and granddads.

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
Our plans have changed today... 'If Mohammed won't come to the mountain then the mountain will come to Mohammed' ! I am cooking a meal to take over to FIL who thinks we are all conspiring to send him away in an ambulance. Couldn't get him to the hospital Friday for a chest X-ray. Like your husband he has COPD & has been very wheezy lately. Has taken 2 weeks to see the GP of choice who has known him a few years so can see his deterioration. He wants him to have X-ray before changing his inhalers. Try again tomorrow!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Our plans have changed today... 'If Mohammed won't come to the mountain then the mountain will come to Mohammed' ! I am cooking a meal to take over to FIL who thinks we are all conspiring to send him away in an ambulance. Couldn't get him to the hospital Friday for a chest X-ray. Like your husband he has COPD & has been very wheezy lately. Has taken 2 weeks to see the GP of choice who has known him a few years so can see his deterioration. He wants him to have X-ray before changing his inhalers. Try again tomorrow!
they keep trying to send my husband up for an x-ray but his lungs are always clear and he doesnt get chest infections hardly ever. its the damp air which does it. mine has a ventolin and a trimbow and steroids as he needs them. we have got a new one as our old one left.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well our daughter gave him a card this morning and the younger son phoned this afternoon as he isnt local being in kent. hes got to drink some stuff to prepare for the CT scan on tuesday to show up the colon. i think that he wouldnt have coped if we had made a big deal out of the day our grandson said hi granddad on the phone in his canadian accent that he has from his mum being canadian. hes only 3 and he was too busy to say anything else, hes a busy little man.formula 1 and chinese tonight to end his day well.

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
It all sounds just perfect for your husband. i'm glad its gone so well.
Our day worked out well. FIL ate a good portion of dinner after throwing his meds across the kitchen! Gave him another tablet & swallowed it no problem. We suggested a drive out in the car to a favourite place he likes to go, so once he'd finished unplugging everything, we set off. We had a 99 ice cream whilst sat in the car & looked like he enjoyed it judging by the chocolate all over the seat. Just hoping tomorrow goes as well!!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
It all sounds just perfect for your husband. i'm glad its gone so well.
Our day worked out well. FIL ate a good portion of dinner after throwing his meds across the kitchen! Gave him another tablet & swallowed it no problem. We suggested a drive out in the car to a favourite place he likes to go, so once he'd finished unplugging everything, we set off. We had a 99 ice cream whilst sat in the car & looked like he enjoyed it judging by the chocolate all over the seat. Just hoping tomorrow goes as well!!
sounds good @Moggymad and i hope it goes well too. got the people from OPMH tomorrow which could go either way especially if he takes exception to what they or i say.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good luck @jennifer1967!

MaNaAk
morning @MaNaAk i went to sleep ok but woke up at 5am. did go off again and had a bad dream. i feel all churned up . what do i say? what do i not say? whats his reaction going to be? or is it easier just to say nothing? all these questions. im scared and anxious even before they get here. not sure whether he will start again like he did when the social worker came. im just going to have to watch him and what he does.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well they have been and gone and hes getting memantine added but i feel like no-one, nothing, deserve nothing. they can do the caring and leave me out of it. the aggression can keep going nothing they can do. they said hes not controlling any more really? how do they work that one out. still didnt talk to them alone and he nearly told them to leave. a big success. they almost told me that im never satisfied. she askede if i would like to go out and do things after i said i was housebound and couldnt go out of the door

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @jennifer1967 ,

I'm staggered by this people you must have so much strength to put up with this. I hope the memantine works and I imagine it was a low dose at first. I expect he may be a more sleepy for a while.

Thinking of you

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Dear @jennifer1967 ,

I'm staggered by this people you must have so much strength to put up with this. I hope the memantine works and I imagine it was a low dose at first. I expect he may be a more sleepy for a while.

Thinking of you

MaNaAk
no @MaNaAk im not complaining any more about any treatment he might give out from now on. he almost chuck them out. i dont even know if he will take it.

Melles Belles

Jul 4, 2017
South east
So sorry that the professionals who should be keeping you safe continually let you down. Keep in touch with domestic violence team as they are the most likely to help you.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well my husband has his scan and my son cant take him as they have to take the kids out of school and isolate for 10 days. my daughter is able to do it instead and her partner is home to run them up there. its not his fault but it was short notice. i wish i could go with him but at least one of the kids can go with him.