advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
ive had a nice day with my son, partner and three of my grandchildren including my 15yo whose my head gardener. they cut my grass back and front and chopped the weeds. we had a bbq afterwards and have caught quite a lot of sun . it would have been even better if i didnt have to tell my husband to stop ordering and demanding quietly enough that my son didnt hear. my back was aching by the time id finished fetching and carrying for him. he lights up seeing the grandchildren. my D-i-L helpfully pointed out when my grandson[18] has a baby, im a great nan. wonderful!!

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
So pleased you have a lovely day with your son and his family. I am glad you did not allow husband to spoil it too much. Hopefully that has given you a good boost. Hold on to it.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
You must be nice and brown! The sun would do your husband some good as well.

MaNaAk
red is the colour, probably go brown later. he was in the garden but i did have to bring him in in the end as he had a lovely red face. its cooled down a bit now. i have dark hair but my skin is very pale so i always go red first. i had cool shower and put some lotion on which has cucumber and aloe in it. we were watching the boys without t-shirts on but they did have sun block on

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
he is still choking and more regularly. the problem being that he ignores what the SALT team and i tell him about avoiding certain foods. yesterday it was a burger as we had a bbq. today its back to pasta. he uses a teaspoon they suggested to stop putting lots into his mouth. he says he like it so much. it doesnt have to be much and im back slapping for a good 15-20 minutes. i have to put my foot down and stop him now. its hard eating in front of him when he coughing so much like hes going to heave. this weather is making him more breathless as well. hes supposed to be going out tomorrow morning.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
hes gone out[yeh] my neighbour suggested we get him a bell to ring when he needs things. no chance that would go straight in the bin. he orders and demands now without ringing a bell. he likes the idea but then that would give him more excuse.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I cannot imagine anything worse than a bell to ring when he needs something - it would be non-stop all day!!!!
Yep, keep "forgetting" to get one and dont say anything about it

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i have announcement to make that im going to be a great gran at 54 at christmas, my grandson[18] girlfriend is having a baby.
i will be waiting a long time!! he is not getting one fullstop. hes managed to slam the back door on his big toe so im working up to cleaning and see what hes done, lovely!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband has been able to let me finish my bear. thought it might brighten someones day and the sign of the times. hes had his blood test for coeliac disease at home.

Attachments

• hero bear~2.jpg
    hero bear~2.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 232

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Congratulations Jennifer. Dad's alarm used to end up in the biscuit tin, when he wasn't pressing it to see what it did! Your husband's will end up the same way eventhough he has vascular dementia I suspect.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Congratulations Jennifer. Dad's alarm used to end up in the biscuit tin, when he wasn't pressing it to see what it did! Your husband's will end up the same way eventhough he has vascular dementia I suspect.

MaNaAk
he is not getting one in the first place. he will follow it out the door just behind it!!!or in front of it depending on what hes been like. thats my line in the sand. i can clean up anything but im not being summoned.