advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
he seems better and more settled, overstuffed with pizza and watching the second film of the night. i forgot to put music on this morning for him so he didnt relax. have started the project of clearing the kitchen. one cupboard at a time. did all the food cupboard and the dates, clean. im supposed to have a break on monday for 2 hours. im not sure whether to relax or keep going? could read my book in peace plenty of options.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Are you sure he will not come back though before you have had the 2 hours? Could you go anywhere else and read like a cafe.
im actually housebound so i cant go out anywhere so it needs to be him that goes out to give me the break. i have a chronic pain condition resulting from a trapped sciatic nerve in my back and down right leg.i have a morphine patch that i have on all the time

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my son cant take him today so my husband has booked a taxi to get him there. my son has given him the money because he let him down, silly boy. my husband wants me to have the time to myself. lets see what happens.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good but if he enjoys it next time could he stay for longer?

MaNaAk
no but in a couple of weeks, they are having a bigger shed delivered, then it will be open all the time including weekends. they will get the carpentry tools etc all laid out then. how much he will be able to do is probably limited with his breathing but he can just sit and chat to the other men. men can gossip worse than any lady. hes been sitting in the sun, drinking coffee and "supervising" the other men flattening the ground etc.

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
Hi again @jennifer1967 , I wish my husband could find an activity other than pestering me . He was never a person who made friends easily because he was too arrogant and looked down his nose at anyone. He is not different now he has dementia

Last edited:

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hi again @jennifer1967 , I wish my husband could find an activity other than pestering me . He was never a person who made friends easily because he was too arrogant and looked down his nose at anyone. He is not different now he has dementia
hi @margherita mine is not a great mixer. he was a lorry driver so always on his own and then settled 160 miles away from where he was born so doesnt really have friends. he relied on me but hes seen how hard i worked to get him company. my son couldnt take him but he went any way. the MH lady said he needed structure to his day and shes trying to find more for him to do and a befriender as well. she says i have carer stress. i wasnt prepared to put up with the flare ups and eruptions i was getting. it would have got worse and it might still do that but at least i have made the effort to try and reduce it.