advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Great to hear @jennifer1967 that you can see what is happening with the bank account. All these little steps forward will add up and that includes the sorting out.
As my old boss said ‘slowly, slowly catches the monkey’
Try and relax and ‘treat’ yourself in some way tomorrow
thank you @Bikerbeth just ironed his clothes and spare. dont want his sister thinking im not looking after him. she wont and back really aches. i know it will take ages but ive got time. its clearing it out of the house once sorted. all the bits add up and i dont want him being suspicious. hes asked my son to clear the attic. my treat will be time to myself to do as i please.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
When you get your own bank account no, @jennifer1967 you will have to phone the DWP and give them the details or you could write. Is your husband going all the way to Devon just for one day? Shame they can't make it a long weekend....

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
When you get your own bank account no, @jennifer1967 you will have to phone the DWP and give them the details or you could write. Is your husband going all the way to Devon just for one day? Shame they can't make it a long weekend....
yes 21/2hr drive. they will go early. weve always done it in a day. my husband comes fvrom devon and him and my son love driving. he wouldnt want to stay away without me and i cant go. my son is a carer for his partner as well. im grateful for what ive got. i know i need to inform DWP when there is a new account.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I am so happy for you @jennifer1967 ...and also a bit envious. I haven't had a whole day on my own for at least three years.
thank you @margherita its actually the same for me. i usually had to go with him. i cant make the journey but ive had to sort things out and instructions for my son as i know already. its like letting your baby go. im sorry life is not good for you and i hope it will get better.

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
thank you @margherita its actually the same for me. i usually had to go with him. i cant make the journey but ive had to sort things out and instructions for my son as i know already. its like letting your baby go. im sorry life is not good for you and i hope it will get better.
It is so kind and unselfish of you to think of me while you are having such a hard time.
Have a good night's sleep @jennifer1967

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
a slight hitch, my son has managed to flood the bathroom and just waiting for council to phone him back. my husband is upset he might not be able to go and i feel like crying at the fact i might not get my day without him. he is going to be bitterly disappointed and hes going to be flaring up all day if he doesnt go. then theres his sisters disappointment as well. im really going to be in for it.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
So sorry @jeniifer1967. Sometimes the most humble plans can be jinxed.
its more than that. he hasnt seen his sister in 2 years. he has a partner and theyve phoned the council to come out and sort it. they dont have to pay for it. now i have a volatile husband and im not sure what the day will bring

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hi @jennifer1967 ,
Did your husband and son manage to leave, at last?
Thinking of you and crossing my fingers
no @margherita i doubt they will be going. my son has a broken in the bathroom and has leaked water so hes waiting for the council to phone back. he says his partner cant be left with anything thing like that. hes disappointed and volatile and im just down and wondering how hes going to be

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
no @margherita i doubt they will be going. my son has a broken in the bathroom and has leaked water so hes waiting for the council to phone back. he says his partner cant be left with anything thing like that. hes disappointed and volatile and im just down and wondering how hes going to be
Isn't it possible to put off the visit until next weekend?
I ' m so disappointed you won't have those longed for hours of freedom @jennifer1967