advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I also had skin issues with the Butrans patch - I got sores and the patch didn't stick well.
Hopefully, they can find another brand that works better. My friend had a more expensive patch that seemed to work well for her. I hope you find something that works for you.
its the cheapest which is why is prescribed first. apparently theres 8 different brands of patches so hope one is alright with me.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I am glad that he is still going to Men Shed and finding it beneficial and that gives you some space.
Also glad to hear that the mobility scooter is still being used and you are managing to get out and about a bit. The sooner the ramp is done - even better. Do you have a date yet for that?
That is fantastic news with regards to the shower/bathroom if it will make you life easier in the long term. I have absolutely no experience (thankfully) of IBS but I can vaguely relate to your worries which are very real. I can only suggest that you break the time period down into chucks and just (easier said than done) think about shorter periods rather that thinking how am I going to get through x days The other thought is maybe you have to bite the bullet and just say to them ‘when I have to go I have to go’ (without going into details) - be warned’. Then it is out in the open and once they have done the bathroom you won’t see them again so it don’t matter. Alternatively as someone else suggested could you have anything else as a temporary measure. You can’t be the only person who has gone through this situation. I certainly feel for you it must horrid.
You are going through a tough time and constant pain is wearing too, so may those new patches do the job without causing the skin issues. I know my cousin had the same sort of issue with her anti pain patches. I hope that building work next door (?) finishes quickly - another thing you don’t need in your life
Try and hold onto the thought of that new year arrival to keep you going.
Sending you loads of hugs ?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I am glad that he is still going to Men Shed and finding it beneficial and that gives you some space.
Also glad to hear that the mobility scooter is still being used and you are managing to get out and about a bit. The sooner the ramp is done - even better. Do you have a date yet for that?
That is fantastic news with regards to the shower/bathroom if it will make you life easier in the long term. I have absolutely no experience (thankfully) of IBS but I can vaguely relate to your worries which are very real. I can only suggest that you break the time period down into chucks and just (easier said than done) think about shorter periods rather that thinking how am I going to get through x days The other thought is maybe you have to bite the bullet and just say to them ‘when I have to go I have to go’ (without going into details) - be warned’. Then it is out in the open and once they have done the bathroom you won’t see them again so it don’t matter. Alternatively as someone else suggested could you have anything else as a temporary measure. You can’t be the only person who has gone through this situation. I certainly feel for you it must horrid.
You are going through a tough time and constant pain is wearing too, so may those new patches do the job without causing the skin issues. I know my cousin had the same sort of issue with her anti pain patches. I hope that building work next door (?) finishes quickly - another thing you don’t need in your life
Try and hold onto the thought of that new year arrival to keep you going.
Sending you loads of hugs ?
thank you @Bikerbeth no date for the ramp but council is very slow. the wall between the toilet and bathroom has to be knocked down. it has actually calmed down a bit and i have stockpiled plenty of anti-diarrhoea tablets to stop it as well. when they did my neighbours house, they had a temp. toilet in the front. some passerby decided as he passed it he would use it. it was for the men working there. couldnt get it around the back and we have 4 walk-up blocks of flats almost at the bottom of my garden so they overhang the back. i will just have to manage.
he really likes mens shed and as made a few friends. my son is over tomorrow so wont get the break but hes going to put a light up in the back garden and go and out my prescription when its ready. the chemist wont do 2 deliveries in a week.
my back is less itchy, he put some ezcema cream on. should get steroid cream and new patch tomorrow.
my great-granddaughter due new years day. nice start to the year. hugs always appreciated. you have made me smile.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Men's shed today and hope you feel better.

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk had awful night when i was in pain. need matchsticks this morning. hes already gone to pick up his mate in the taxi. got to ring my son when script is ready and he will pick it up for me. probably coming down off the morphine as well. it hurts so much that im only doing the bare essentials. i feel like im 100 yo

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Try to relax I was wondering if they could up your antihistamine @jennifer1967 .

MaNaAk
the patch and steroid cream are ready so my son will pick them up. hopefully as different manufacturer, the gp said i might not react to it. they are thinking its the glue but if ive suddenly developed an allergy to the drug, then they will have to think of something else.
this morning, done essentials, he went off so put my feet up and woke up 45 minutes later. didnt intend to sleep but obviously needed it.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
the patch and steroid cream are ready so my son will pick them up. hopefully as different manufacturer, the gp said i might not react to it. they are thinking its the glue but if ive suddenly developed an allergy to the drug, then they will have to think of something else.
this morning, done essentials, he went off so put my feet up and woke up 45 minutes later. didnt intend to sleep but obviously needed it.
Hope you feel refreshed.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
steroid cream and month supply of pain patches have arrived by my son. huge relief after the night i had but at least i didnt itch last night. hopefully these wont make me itch. ive worn them for over a year and its funny im getting a reaction in the last few weeks.
he enjoyed the shed and they all went over to the church cafe that they also have on site. run by the church. he will be tired for the rest of the afternoon. im not doing much for the rest of the day before the patch goes on.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Jus to say, I was able to wear the HRT patches for quite a while before I started becoming sensitive/allergic to the sticky stuff - at first they were fine.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
im not good with plasters so when i have a blood test, i dont have the cotton tube or micropore. i just press it very hard. i hope these work as this has been the most successful pain relief.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
@jennifer1967 , my mother had Fentanyl patches for chronic pain. I always made sure to put them on a different part of her back each time. They didn't affect her skin. If your skin needs soothing, Doublebase is a very good emollient and made my Mum's skin lovely and soft. You can get it on prescription.

Regarding the ramp, we had one put on for Mum's wheelchair. They wouldn't build a concrete one as Mum was not working age so put a more temporary structure up but it has worked fine and now my brother uses it with his mobility frame. I am not sure what it is made of ( a sort of hard resin) but it's a sloping structure, very sturdy, and is fixed to the step. We also have a rail on the side. They gave us a portable small ramp to put inside to go up the step indoors. The council did this for us. It is not so much work as a proper concrete ramp but I think it's just as good. They can fix it quickly.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
@jennifer1967 , my mother had Fentanyl patches for chronic pain. I always made sure to put them on a different part of her back each time. They didn't affect her skin. If your skin needs soothing, Doublebase is a very good emollient and made my Mum's skin lovely and soft. You can get it on prescription.

Regarding the ramp, we had one put on for Mum's wheelchair. They wouldn't build a concrete one as Mum was not working age so put a more temporary structure up but it has worked fine and now my brother uses it with his mobility frame. I am not sure what it is made of ( a sort of hard resin) but it's a sloping structure, very sturdy, and is fixed to the step. We also have a rail on the side. They gave us a portable small ramp to put inside to go up the step indoors. The council did this for us. It is not so much work as a proper concrete ramp but I think it's just as good. They can fix it quickly.
i have eczema anyway and the doctor has prescribed cream. ive had diprobase and double base. i have cetraben which is a bit thicker. he has been rubbing that into my back and i now have the steroid cream for the very red areas. he has put them on different places each time i have to change them, the problem was that i was running out of skin that wasnt red on my back. hed put it on and it will start itching the day afterwards.
im not sure about the ramp, which way they are going to do it.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
good morning @MaNaAk had awful night when i was in pain. need matchsticks this morning. hes already gone to pick up his mate in the taxi. got to ring my son when script is ready and he will pick it up for me. probably coming down off the morphine as well. it hurts so much that im only doing the bare essentials. i feel like im 100 yo
I must be having a chocolate day as when you said ‘matchsticks’ my first thought was the orange or mint chocolate matchsticks!
Glad you managed a 45 min nap later as that can sometimes help you make it through the day.
I was on heavy duty anti inflammatories on and off for 2 years and then one day this red itchy rash kept visibly moving round different parts of my body. Had no idea what was going on and it was as the time that the first ‘Alien’ film had been released so I was having all sorts of weird thoughts. So I headed off to A&E — the relief when the doctor gave me the anti histermine injection and told me I had developed an allergic reaction to the anti inflammatories.
Wishing that the new patches do the trick in every way - help your pain and no more itching

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I must be having a chocolate day as when you said ‘matchsticks’ my first thought was the orange or mint chocolate matchsticks!
Glad you managed a 45 min nap later as that can sometimes help you make it through the day.
I was on heavy duty anti inflammatories on and off for 2 years and then one day this red itchy rash kept visibly moving round different parts of my body. Had no idea what was going on and it was as the time that the first ‘Alien’ film had been released so I was having all sorts of weird thoughts. So I headed off to A&E — the relief when the doctor gave me the anti histermine injection and told me I had developed an allergic reaction to the anti inflammatories.
Wishing that the new patches do the trick in every way - help your pain and no more itching
i think my husband is enjoying this way too much. patch on and cream on the red skin. thats the sore bit. i cant take anti-inflams because it hurts my stomach. you made me smile with matchsticks, they were the days, they are so small now. that and a box of maltesers did for bday parties. turn their nose up now. he started back on his iron tablets this morning which he doesnt like. our gp gave him chapter and verse last time he refused so he wont do it again. looking forward to have a nights sleep.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967 ,

Did you have a better night? How are you today?

from

The Little Match Girl!
good morning @MaNaAk aka the little match girl[ that did make me laugh] i had a better night and no itching but im so stiff. not sure whether to go out tomorrow instead of today and have a day just moving around. had a bit of a lie in. they were drilling that house and now ive got up, theyve stopped, typical!!!!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i had a nice time going on the bus after being ill etc and on the way back some jobsworth driver of the bus said i needed an assessment to see if i could drive my scooter on and off the bus. first ive heard of it and yes i can get stuck but usually im fine. sometimes it takes a bit longer getting off as i have to turn right round. i phoned the company and no i dont need an assessment and they will have words with the driver. i said that people with pushchairs dont have an assessment whether they can get on or not so its discriminatory. ive done it loads of times now and need understanding not complaining. i have a right to go out as well. i was an easy target. he said he wont let me on without one. the office has no idea what he is talking about. just built my confidence up so im not letting him destroy it. its not too long, just a pole that gets right in the way.
the pain is better with the new patch although it has started itching but im taking anti-histamines to see if it will stop. i think the skin is so sensitive there that anything would irritate it.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
the patch lasted a long time, barely 24hrs. ive had to take it off because it itched unbearably and when took it off, more very red, angry skin and blisters coming up. im absolutely shattered, i felt sick and all my skin is itching in sympathy. got in the shower and it got so bad that my right leg was shaking and my ankles were itching like mad. i cried my eyes out as i felt so ill and just couldnt cope any more. my husband has taken photos of four patches of red and blistery skin. im going to have to cope until monday because if i put another patch on, its going to end up the same. give him credit, he was really good.
started clearing the bathroom ready for the refit on thursday.
just going to have to be careful what i do now. my back feels like its burning.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
He was wonderful. I think you should see a doctor and I think you need a higher dose of antihistamine. Hang in there @jennifer1967 you can do it.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

MaNaAk