advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Oh @jennifer1967 I'm sorry I haven't read this. You have done so well and that bathroom will be finished and you can look forward to that and to Xmas and a new granddaughter.

(((((((((((((((((((((((( Hugs)))))))))))))))))

MaNaAk
thank you @MaNaAk im calming down, i think i needed to write it. my great-granddaughter is already helping with the knitting and shes not even here yet. shes the next generation of our family which is something to be proud of.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Don't forget ABBA tomorrow morning.

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk the bathroom isnt due to be started to 25/11 but im trying to put things in place before. when the council modernised it 4 years ago, my IBS was virtually under control but now, it can be a nightmare.
still down and couldnt sleep very well as i was in pain and ached from the back and my leg. ive got to keep going but have no motivation i did watch the first abba program which calmed me down. apparently the chemist has a whiteboard with my name on and dont forget. the person who delivered it is the owner of the shop. i might finish the cardi today

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
bad carer i forgot to give him his night time tablets last night in all the upset so he hasnt been able to sleep well and not taken inhalers so very puffed out this morning. another black mark to chalk up. im going to be apologizing and feeling guilty all day

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i have had to phone the doctor as my skin is so itchy under the pain patch. when he takes them off, my skin is red and very dry like eczema which i have. she will see if the doctor will phone me. i know they are under pressure and sometimes its a thankless task but ive never heard someone sound more bored, more fed up and apathetic as she does. it sounds like she is doing me the favour of getting the gp to call. very rarely do i speak with my own gp and she is on duty but emergencies only obviously.
my husband has COPD and is very breathless to a point he couldnt eat his tea last night and he is so tired. he does have steroids as a back up but reluctant to take them until it gets very bad.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good morning @jennifer1967 ,

I'm sorry to hear this and I hope you get a double telephone appointment. I remember having this problem with a receptionist years ago when I decided to go private for an operation instead of using the NHS. The receptionist sounded fed up because she had already typed a letter to the hospital. I know they are under pressure but it is not nice for you or your husband and you are entitled to care.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967 ,

I'm sorry to hear this and I hope you get a double telephone appointment. I remember having this problem with a receptionist years ago when I decided to go private for an operation instead of using the NHS. The receptionist sounded fed up because she had already typed a letter to the hospital. I know they are under pressure but it is not nice for you or your husband and you are entitled to care.

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk ive not phone for him as i will wait and see. hes not up yet so will check when i call him in a minute. it was quite damp yesterday so today he might be better, i wont hesitant to phone. im just tired of the whole thing. its wearing me down and once one thing itches, the rest of the skin starts itching. i cant sleep properly either with it and its been going on for weeks now. a neighbour is having building work done and the drill is going straight through me as well. called him twice. i dont seem to be able to cope any more and im in tears because its so sore and im so worn out with it. im worried about what they might offer instead but i cant cope with this any more.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Dear @jennifer1967 ,

I'm not surprised you're feeling like this but you've been through this before and you can do it. Does anyone else on this forum use patches like @jennifer1967 if so can they please give her some advice?

Hugs

MaNaAk
hes just taken it off and i got him to photograph it and my whole back is red. he cant find a place that he can put it to where its not sore. ive just looked at the pictures at some look like blisters. hes been putting savlon on the other red patches. im scared of the pain but couldnt put up with the itch

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
hes just taken it off and i got him to photograph it and my whole back is red. he cant find a place that he can put it to where its not sore. ive just looked at the pictures at some look like blisters. hes been putting savlon on the other red patches. im scared of the pain but couldnt put up with the itch
Whilst you've got it off is there anyway that your daughter can get hold of diprobase for you?

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
MaNaAk

PS: At least it sounds like your husband is better.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
the doctor has phoned and he said its dermatitis caused by the adhesive in the patch. hes giving me some steroid cream to clear the skin up and changing brands of the patch. apparently there are 8 different brands of these patches but they always try the butec that im on first because, guess what, its the cheapest. it might be tomorrow before i get the patch but as its slow release then it wont just stop acting. its been going on for weeks. im just relieved that i will still have pain relief. now another problem, the pharmacy will only delivery once a week so im going have a problem if they dont put it in with my trays. its not my fault so why do i feel guilty

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Whilst you've got it off is there anyway that your daughter can get hold of diprobase for you?

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
MaNaAk

PS: At least it sounds like your husband is better.
i have centraben for my eczema so could put that on but hes prescribe a steroid cream as well. they havent got the patch in stock so will have to order it so im without until tomorrow. my oldest son is going to collect it tomorrow. they have to line up my trays and the patch and ive left it with the doctor. is it time for bed yet?

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Jennifer, is there an oral morphine you could get instead of the patches? It sounds like these really don't suit you. (And god knows you have enough to deal with without this.)

My skin used to react when I was using HRT patches, causing the itchy-sore redness and blistering much as you describe. I was told I was sensitive/allergic to the adhesive and was fine when they switched it to a gel.

I really hope you can sort something out.

Edit: I posted this at the same time as your post! Fingers crossed you get on better with a different patch.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Jennifer, is there an oral morphine you could get instead of the patches? It sounds like these really don't suit you. (And god knows you have enough to deal with without this.)

My skin used to react when I was using HRT patches, causing the itchy-sore redness and blistering much as you describe. I was told I was sensitive/allergic to the adhesive and was fine when they switched it to a gel.

I really hope you can sort something out.
they dont trust me with oral morphine which is why i have weekly scripts and patches although im a lot better than august last year with the depression. they are trying different brands now. just keeping me safe.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
I also had skin issues with the Butrans patch - I got sores and the patch didn't stick well.
Hopefully, they can find another brand that works better. My friend had a more expensive patch that seemed to work well for her. I hope you find something that works for you.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Any chance of an antihistamine being included with your meds?

MaNaAk
ive got one i use for hayfever. the skin is just so flared up. hes put the eczema cream i get from the doctor on my back and its a lot less itchy and sore. he said it looks like red, dry patches of eczema. im being careful what i do today because i havent got the patch for pain. they didnt have the other ones in stock so they had to order them in and i will get them tomorrow. my oldest son is going to pick it up tomorrow. the doctor and chemist will have to sort out how they are going to line it up to deliver once a week.
i am very tired as its been going on so long and its dragged me down as well. i just thought its something i will have to put up with until i couldnt any more. thank you @MaNaAk