advice please

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
thanks @Helly68 all good information that i wouldnt know. there are 2 shops near me so will have to investigate. its helpful to me that you have had one and share your knowledge. i was chuffed yesterday. we have quite a few dropped kerbs and the pavements are not bad so i will enjoy myself
Good luck and I’m looking forward to hearing all of your exploits ?.It will make a big difference to you.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
@jennifer1967 - just going out when you want to, without pain, is really great. The do weigh a ton to lift into the back of a car though....
Hoping that the ramp arrives soon and you have some freedom. My stairlift broke down the other week and although I can get down the stairs it is difficult. You feel so trapped. Hopefully you can get out in the nice weather and have a bit of time for yourself.
I don't know about Damon Hill or Lewis Hamilton - I always felt like someone on an old fashioned milk float. I didn't care though.....

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
@jennifer1967 - just going out when you want to, without pain, is really great. The do weigh a ton to lift into the back of a car though....
Hoping that the ramp arrives soon and you have some freedom. My stairlift broke down the other week and although I can get down the stairs it is difficult. You feel so trapped. Hopefully you can get out in the nice weather and have a bit of time for yourself.
I don't know about Damon Hill or Lewis Hamilton - I always felt like someone on an old fashioned milk float. I didn't care though.....
thanks @Helly68 i will be" ernie with the fastest milkfloat in the west". i have just had the ramps delivered so they are here. i have got a bag for it and a cushion for the seat that is for back problems just to cushion my back a bit. ive had a partial knee replacement with 1 knee but the other has it as well. i have wear and tear on my back. now its suppose to rain

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Even better that the ramps have arrived early. You just need a big waterproof poncho and one of those fishermen’s hat that they wear on the trawlers and a little rain won’t be a problem.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Even better that the ramps have arrived early. You just need a big waterproof poncho and one of those fishermen’s hat that they wear on the trawlers and a little rain won’t be a problem.
i will look right attractive! i used to ride a push bike and had the yellow jacket and trousers. didnt have a problem being seen. later on, i had a childs seat on the back of it.

Pots and Pans

Jan 13, 2020
I've had a similar thing happen. Got up in the morning to find several things (including my router) not working. Checked everything was plugged in and it was, just no power, yet other things in the house were working. After much head scratching I discovered a plugboard I use (which has 4 things plugged into it) also has a rocker switch for on/off and this had somehow been pressed, turning all 4 appliances off. Easily remedied once I'd found it, but how....?

Later I watched my 4 cats playing chase round the back of the settee where this plug board is and it dawned on me that they were the culprits. I've explained the issue to them and told them not to do it again... :)
Ha! Woke up one morning with no hot water Tried to restart boiler. Checked circuit breakers etc and then called British Gas and a plumber came same day (we are classed as vulnerable) . He took one look and then switched it back on at the wall where there is a big switch marked BOILER. I'd leant something on it the day before and turned it off. Thus us NOT me! Shows general stress we all live with. In my case expensively! Felt such an idiot....

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
When dad's Alzheimers was moderate he switched the boiler off entirely. Luckily we paid a monthly insurance for it and a service was due. The engineer came and said it "it was switched off".

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i found the photo that made me like a banana that @Bikerbeth wanted me to show so against my better judgement and for everyone elses amusement i decided to post it after a couple of hours trying to sort it. im 17 in this picture used it for my pushbike

Attachments

• IMG_20210724_131622.jpg
    IMG_20210724_131622.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 270

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
i found the photo that made me like a banana that @Bikerbeth wanted me to show so against my better judgement and for everyone elses amusement i decided to post it after a couple of hours trying to sort it. im 17 in this picture used it for my pushbike
I have a the same outfit. It’s okay when walking the dogs.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Thats great, just what you needed so you can get out and about
??
he started taking over and issuing orders and i quickly dealt with it. he thinks he knows it all but now i dont have to listen to him. he said he will get me a new key cut as ive not got one. mine went into the key safe.