advice please

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
had phone appt with gp, about the choking and breaking down the mucus in his throat. shes given him a nasal spray so we will see. i have explain im taking a step back as he takes it out on me if i give him advice he doesnt want to hear. so he can make unwise decisions as he has capacity but im not going to be the target of his frustrations. she said that she agrees with me.
woke up at 4am again and couldnt go back to sleep till 5-30am. all the different scenarios kept playing out in my head. did relaxation exercises and finally went back to sleep
I have done that with dad. The doctor says I have to be “ pragmatic “ about these things. That was in reference to him not going to hospital etc. Easy for her to say. My belief is actions have consequences so be it. Same as your husband. He won’t listen so he will have to accept his decision.I hope you feel better today? Once a decision has been made you will find sleep becomes easier. At least I have.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I have done that with dad. The doctor says I have to be “ pragmatic “ about these things. That was in reference to him not going to hospital etc. Easy for her to say. My belief is actions have consequences so be it. Same as your husband. He won’t listen so he will have to accept his decision.I hope you feel better today? Once a decision has been made you will find sleep becomes easier. At least I have.
thanks @TNJJ i feel better for telling the doctor and she was in agreement. he has capacity, he knows the consequences so he can make his own decisions. ive told him that as well. my children have grown up so im not about to start again with dealing with him. the gp said that she can have a word with him and be brutal about it like she was for the iron tablets but a girl came here and did that. hes got a few pretty laminated sheets with pictures and words on them for him to follow so its not rocket science. im just tired and cant do anymore.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
he started them on saturday and says he sleeps better and more relaxed. i dont know whether that is true or whether he is scared im going i dont know. time will tell. he said he needs to be careful to behave properly. sweetness and light @Starting on a journey might be a bit optimistic

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
thank you @MaNaAk hopefully it will stay dry as my son is here to cut the grass and hedge. its my head gardener who has cracked a rib. the younger one is off school with a sore throat etc. his sister has to stay home in case its covid. hes had a lateral test but they want him to have the proper one.
I hope they're okay.

MaNaAk

PS: I hope you're okay as well.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I hope they're okay.

MaNaAk

PS: I hope you're okay as well.
yes head gardener has got back to school with painkillers so will be floating through lessons. we think the other just has a cold virus but school are quite strict so hes having to stay home and his sister as well as she could have potential too. my son has done the front and hedge, just got to do back now. i was looking at it myself but i cant. just have to be patient. its a lovely day and suppose to have a heatwave during the weekend.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my oldest son has cut gardens back and front and done the hedge. its stop tempting me to do it. best bit is that he has OCD so he is very meticulous in clearing all the grass and hedge cuttings up afterwards so it wont trail through the house. my husband has been calm this morning and i have pin all the laminate sheets up so he can see what to eat. hes looking forward to going to mens shed tomorrow and taking his own box in. boys and their toys!!!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i feel really down today. im, tired as well as i was awake late reading my book which ive just finished. hes gone to his mens shed with a spring in his step and eager. havent seen that for a long time. memantine has totally changed him. i cant believe the change to be honest. its like some kind of personality transplant. he says he feels so much calmer and happier. i have one more bookcase to sort out so do it tomorrow. thank you for your continued support. my heads spinning a bit the difference in him.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
Early days yet on memantine, but if it works life will be so much easier….give it time…
At least you are tired as you were doing something for you….nose in book. I had a nap yesterday afternoon, it was delicious but no nap today as I have to alter baby granddaughters dress for the wedding…bit big on her shoulders

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Early days yet on memantine, but if it works life will be so much easier….give it time…
At least you are tired as you were doing something for you….nose in book. I had a nap yesterday afternoon, it was delicious but no nap today as I have to alter baby granddaughters dress for the wedding…bit big on her shoulders
thats where my nose usually is . you must be talented seamstress to alter things. im doing a front of the cardi im knitting for the new baby we are expecting done the back. wait and see with memantine. still dont trust it but glad for some relief. they have found me a wheelchair to have tea with the mayor but just seeing if they can pay for a taxi. so im going. got some new outfits to choose from so got options!!! its true it shows what disabled carers have to do to just attend things like this.
i hope you have a lovely day for your daughters wedding and you enjoy it