advice please

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
It`s really stressful when the causes of the problems aren`t obvious. There`s little you can do and at least they are trying.
I know you are living with it too but try to get as much rest as you can and leave the tests to the medics.
I agree.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i have looked out the relaxation exercises as i was given them with CBT. i will read them through and see if i can make it better leading to sleeping better i hope.
he has been on edge and annoyed with my son. tried to contact him but never can get through so hes frustrated and is now taking it out on me. ordering and demanding and generally talking to me like im some sort of servant/. hired help.
SALT contacted me about his swallowing. he will not do as they tell him. he wont use a teaspoon so he dont put too much in his mouth and it causes more friction because i try and stop him eating things he shouldnt and he says he has to protest. she is going to send him a fact sheet with nice pretty pictures on it to see if that makes any difference. they are coming out so i dont get blamed but to blame the. they asked me to explain the consequences, i have but its not made much impression. at least he is going to have a cataract assessment.he just needs to stop taking stuff out on me.im trying to help.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
ive had just about enough today. he has done nothing but argue, protest and a total pain in the neck. if i said black, he would say white just for the hell of it. im trying to look after him, i trimmed his hair and you would think i had made him bald not just trimmed around his ears and neck. his skin is really dry and peeling so i put some moisturizing cream the doctor gave me and you would think i was torturing him. hes been on edge all day because my son hasnt been in touch and should have been. he has taken it out on me all day because he is frustrated. hes snappy as well so thank goodness its near to the end of the day. hes hard work when he is like this.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I hope you have now got to the sanctuary of your bedroom for some peace. I guess your husband expects your son to answer his phone calls on demand as well, rather than your son saying he will ring and then doesn’t.
that is a difficult situation if he then takes it out on you. Does your son know that?
When you said ‘your head feels so busy all the time’ I thought what a very apt description. When I have sleepless night I thought that fits it exactly.
Did go give you an idea of how long scan results might take to get? I just thought if it was going to be a week or so you could try and ‘block’ it out of your thoughts for a while.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Do you have a lock on your bedroom door? You need some respite.

MaNaAk
yes, its like a yale lock and you can push the catch down and he cant turn the lock. it was for my daughter and i had her room when she moved out. i do ask him to knock as well just not walk in just for my own privacy.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I hope you have now got to the sanctuary of your bedroom for some peace. I guess your husband expects your son to answer his phone calls on demand as well, rather than your son saying he will ring and then doesn’t.
that is a difficult situation if he then takes it out on you. Does your son know that?
When you said ‘your head feels so busy all the time’ I thought what a very apt description. When I have sleepless night I thought that fits it exactly.
Did go give you an idea of how long scan results might take to get? I just thought if it was going to be a week or so you could try and ‘block’ it out of your thoughts for a while.
nearly there, no my son doesnt always phone back but yes he knows my husband takes it out on me. i have blocked it out now and will deal with it as it comes. the consultant will tell us so how long they take is anyones guess. he has to have a barium meal test as well yet so not all complete yet. it would have been easier if he had the camera up and down but he didnt want it.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Could be as my neighbour insisted on having the procedure but without the general anaesthetic. The result was that they couldn't get the camera down and so he had to make another appointment. Some of the males on this forum might object to this being thought of as a male trait ?!

MaNaAk
I sometimes wonder if that is a male trait anyway!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Could be as my neighbour insisted on having the procedure but without the general anaesthetic. The result was that they couldn't get the camera down and so he had to make another appointment. Some of the males on this forum might object to this being thought of as a male trait ?!

MaNaAk
Dear @jennifer1967,

I hope you had a better night.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Dear @jennifer1967,

I hope you had a better night.

MaNaAk
morning @MaNaAk i had a better night. i went to bed before him and as soon as i went in my bedroom, it was relief that the day had finished and that this was my own space and i didnt have to listen to or watch his reactions. i did wake up at 5am for the toilet but i managed to snuggle down again and go back off. i really dont want a repeat of yesterday. i think where his airway is a bit narrower, he thinks its going to choke him. ive had 2 down and 1 up and really the thought is worse that the procedure.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
morning @MaNaAk i had a better night. i went to bed before him and as soon as i went in my bedroom, it was relief that the day had finished and that this was my own space and i didnt have to listen to or watch his reactions. i did wake up at 5am for the toilet but i managed to snuggle down again and go back off. i really dont want a repeat of yesterday. i think where his airway is a bit narrower, he thinks its going to choke him. ive had 2 down and 1 up and really the thought is worse that the procedure.
i didnt have a GA but a sedative so you arent quite there and you dont have many memories of it afterwards.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
Let’s just hope that the scan is clear and no ups or downs needed.
I love my bedroom it’s cool at the back of the house, usually with a cat on the bed. Mum, who insists she can hardly climb a stair can make the 3 stairs down and 3 stairs up to my room, but not a flight of stairs!!