advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well hes been to mens sheds and apparently behaved. the big shed is now up and hes going to continue going. i am just grateful to have that 2 hrs out at the moment. neil sedaka worked his magic and not so stressed. cant beat the oldies. ive thoroughly enjoyed singing away and jigging a bit. hope you all have a nice day and enjoy the sun.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I'm pleased that everything's okay @jennifer1967.

MaNaAk
thank you @MaNaAk im just tired and had enough now.good job she didnt phone today and my husband has kept his temper under control. he says he feels frustrated with her. shes caused a lot of damage. she was going to email the social worker so. instead of paper shuffling they are e-mailing instead. he choked again at lunch time. my spirits are down in my boots and if they want to do anything with my husband then they can do it. i have had enough and will only be doing the basics. i havent got any energy or enthusiasm and she can do what she likes.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
didnt sleep very well again last night and my stomach has been playing up today. not half as bad as it was before i took the pills @lemonbalm recommended[totally recommend them] but when im stressed i feel sick and my stomach starts. i wound down with my book in bed but my stomach muscles[all one of them after 4 kids] tense and probably tensed my back
has ached and i havent really done anything. if these agencies would only listen instead of playing lip service to carers who are far more expert then the stress on carers would be greatly reduced. domestic abuse phoned me yesterday afternoon and actually put in a written report to the woman from OPMH and she had asked who they were. they are going to phone her again to explain again and maybe she has her listening head on and blocked her ears so that she can retain the information rather than going in one ear and out the other. thanks for all your support, its giving me strength to keep going and know im worth fighting for

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Im glad the domestic abuse people are fighting your corner.
she said she would keep trying until she speaks to the lady in person. every referral says to phone me between 4-5 pm and on my phone when its safe to talk. the social worker and the lady from OPMH kn ow this and still phoned his mobile for me to fudge a reason why they are phoning me. he gets suspicious of it all and it gets awkward

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I wish and hope so many things for @jennifer1967. I hope you have a good nights sleep so that will give you strength for tomorrow. I hope that that the domestic abuse woman is able to make the woman from OPMH and the social worker to contact you as requested between 4 and 5 pm. I hope that they turn up for your next appointment for your 2nd jab.
you so deserve some luck/a break at the moment just to make your life a little easier. You are worth it.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
morning @MaNaAk and @Bikerbeth, the jab was my fault as i got excited and got the wrong day. i had a better night but it took a long time to fall asleep and woke up a few times but not anxious. he did get annoyed yesterday about using a teaspoon but i said do you want to choke? which quickly stopped him. he has demanded and ordered yesterday and talked to me like rubbish. ive ignored that. at least its sunny. she keeps telling me to contact admiral nurses but i have been shunted from pillar to post so really dont want to talk to yet another person. ive lost faith in the system

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @jennifer1967

I've just noticed your comment about your husband choking on food. That's a problem I have with my wife and we've been waiting for a visit from the SALT team for about a year. I tried altering food type etc., with limited success.

The issue was getting really bad with my wife so, in desperation, I tried a honey and lemon menthol soothing sweet with my wife and it worked a treat as it numbs the soft tissues in the throat. I even put a couple of the sweets in my wife's pocket when she goes to day care as she's choked at their lunch before. Several months after first trying this it's still working.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hello @jennifer1967

I've just noticed your comment about your husband choking on food. That's a problem I have with my wife and we've been waiting for a visit from the SALT team for about a year. I tried altering food type etc., with limited success.

The issue was getting really bad with my wife so, in desperation, I tried a honey and lemon menthol soothing sweet with my wife and it worked a treat as it numbs the soft tissues in the throat. I even put a couple of the sweets in my wife's pocket when she goes to day care as she's choked at their lunch before. Several months after first trying this it's still working.
we were referred to SALT and they have told me to stop any foods hes choking on and keep a food diary if he chokes on anything else which he did on thursday. they have advised that he eats with a teaspoon to limit the amount of food in his mouth. because of his COPD not on his lungs but in his airways, they thing that maybe his airway is narrow as well. it doesnt help that he doesnt have teeth, false or natural and hasnt done the 33 years ive been with him. his gums are pretty tough and he can chew a steak. the sweets ive heard of before but they would make his mouth sore. thankyou @karaokePete. its been steadily getting worse but he doesnt always like instruction

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
@jennifer1967 - would he take it badly if you mashed some of his food in a blender to make it pureed?
probably i have enough problems getting him to use a teaspoon and reminding him which food he shouldnt eat. he starts and i just say do you want to choke? works as hes so scared. im doing one step at a time and if i find an excuse then i will make sure its a least mashed. i have to prove to him that im doing it for his benefit.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
probably i have enough problems getting him to use a teaspoon and reminding him which food he shouldnt eat. he starts and i just say do you want to choke? works as hes so scared. im doing one step at a time and if i find an excuse then i will make sure its a least mashed. i have to prove to him that im doing it for his benefit.
Good luck @jennifer1967.

MaNaAk