advice please

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
thank you ive got IBS which which flares every so often. i limit my diet so much so must be something i missed
thank you ive got IBS which which flares every so often. i limit my diet so much so must be something i missed
dont suppose the constant stress helps, hope the flare up is short lived, life is hard enough without all these ‘extras’!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well, my oldest son is taking him to see his sister in devon on 27/8 bank holiday weekend. he is really looking forward to it and so am i. then he pipes up with thats the day that F1 starts again after the break. my bil does watch it down there so hes going. i would record it if not. that is not going to stop him seeing his sister and giving me a break!!!

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
That's good to hear @jennifer1967 - can you make it a long weekend?

I'm glad you will be getting a break - can you plan something nice for you while he's away? You've sounded pretty fed up this last week...

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
That's good to hear @jennifer1967 - can you make it a long weekend?

I'm glad you will be getting a break - can you plan something nice for you while he's away? You've sounded pretty fed up this last week...
no not a long weekend. my oldest son is taking him and he is a carer for his wife so cant really stay overnight. my grandson will be with them.
just to sit without thinking of the next thing to do and music up loud, that will be the best time for me. im fed up with my stomach and its been a busy couple of weeks. im tired and a bit down that has no real cause but its taken my energy to keep up and not burden others with it

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
hes driving me mad. he has COPD so the hot weather is difficult for his breathing. i run round him doing all the things that have to be done. im trying to reduce the work at the moment as my pain has increased as i over did sunday. im trying not to bend and just potter. i cleared his crumbs this morning. pick his rubbish up although he could manage to put it in the bin. no reason why he couldnt.
tonight, i showered him and he keeps twisting his arms when i dry him so that hurts. i have told him to stop and got shouted at. came down and started dinner. i told him that yes i understand but im in pain too. did the washing up. he cant put anything in a bin but leave it to me. hes not incapable, just considers his own problems. i know they lose empathy and usually i just get on with it but today, i hit a wall. not literally. im tired as well as in pain. my whole day seems to revolve around him. i understand he needs my care but just sometimes, it would be nice if accepted that i cant do everything all the time or be everything to him all the time. im a bit down so its harder to cope with.

Quite contrary

Jan 5, 2020
Ilford, Essex
Oh Jennifer, I am so sorry to hear that you have been having a bad day today. I have been following your posts for some time and think you are amazing how you have come through so much. I do hope you have managed to get some rest since you posted. It is going to be very hot this week, so just do the bare minimum. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Oh Jennifer, I am so sorry to hear that you have been having a bad day today. I have been following your posts for some time and think you are amazing how you have come through so much. I do hope you have managed to get some rest since you posted. It is going to be very hot this week, so just do the bare minimum. Hope tomorrow is a better day.
thankyou. he has agreed he needs to make more effort with the things he is able to do. mens shed on thursday so roll on thursday. tomorrow i plan to do very little.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
what a difference a day makes and a good moan/ chat. hes taken the washing in and out, made me cup of tea, cleared up after our take away meal tonight and used a spoon, which hes finding easier, without arguing and getting me to get it. ive done very little bar essentials, showering him and cutting his hair. my back feels a lot better for it although still aches. im intending to do much the same tomorrow. i need to keep to my limitations and he needs to help more. just shows he is capable of doing it. mens shed tomorrow so hes happy and im happy

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
you know when its going to be one of those mornings when you try and put the wrong shoe on the wrong foot. my weekly tablets werent delivered and will be here later and the taxi is late. thats my 3 things so hopefully the day will get better from now