advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
hes been to the doctors with a painful leg and lump on the same leg. i have to make him an ultrasound appt to see what the lump is. i cant make an appt until friday so the paperwork comes from the doctor. my son will take him. im trying not to worry as to the cause. apparently he has good calf muscles. years of climbing in and out of lorries.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
hes been to the doctors with a painful leg and lump on the same leg. i have to make him an ultrasound appt to see what the lump is. i cant make an appt until friday so the paperwork comes from the doctor. my son will take him. im trying not to worry as to the cause. apparently he has good calf muscles. years of climbing in and out of lorries.
Don't worry it could be something quite innocent. Try to look forward to tomorrow.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
this is my husband who has given me permission to post his picture. i have managed to shower and tidy him up. this is a very rare occasion and soon as he gets home, he will want to be changed back. couldnt get a tie near him but in this weather, really not needed. i have 2 hours to myself when hes gone that i can put my feet up and my back can recover.

Attachments

• IMG_20220714_150538_1.jpg
    IMG_20220714_150538_1.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 172

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i need to vent the nurse phoned today about the lump on his leg. i am suppose to make an appt for an ultrasound. she phoned him on his phone so he took the call. he used to hand it to me but not this morning. he couldnt remember what she had said to do. i then have to phone the doctors to find out what she had said to him as to book appt etc. im fed up phoning doctors back because i dont know whats happening. ive asked they phone my phone rather than his. the receptionists asked if i could take the phone off of him. my poa is registered with the doctors and they can speak to me about him so why cant they phone my phone. i have to put it in writing. shes a particular jobs worth. ive now found out that i have to book ultrasound on tuesday and that they may cut it out if needs be. he has consented to this. i assume under local anaesthetic. my son will be going with him. it would be so much easier if they phoned me then i could explain it to him the way he can understand. this stresses me more.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
i need to vent the nurse phoned today about the lump on his leg. i am suppose to make an appt for an ultrasound. she phoned him on his phone so he took the call. he used to hand it to me but not this morning. he couldnt remember what she had said to do. i then have to phone the doctors to find out what she had said to him as to book appt etc. im fed up phoning doctors back because i dont know whats happening. ive asked they phone my phone rather than his. the receptionists asked if i could take the phone off of him. my poa is registered with the doctors and they can speak to me about him so why cant they phone my phone. i have to put it in writing. shes a particular jobs worth. ive now found out that i have to book ultrasound on tuesday and that they may cut it out if needs be. he has consented to this. i assume under local anaesthetic. my son will be going with him. it would be so much easier if they phoned me then i could explain it to him the way he can understand. this stresses me more.
I find them unbelievable. My surgery rang me today to say that they cannot issue my anti-histamines when I request them even when I request my thyroxine medication.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I find them unbelievable. My surgery rang me today to say that they cannot issue my anti-histamines when I request them even when I request my thyroxine medication.

MaNaAk
im just fed up having to chase them and find out what was said when they can phone me. it just adds to it all. she sounded totally bored. why cant they issue them?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
im just fed up having to chase them and find out what was said when they can phone me. it just adds to it all. she sounded totally bored. why cant they issue them?
I'm supposed to buy them over the counter but before they were able to do it if requested them with my thyroxine. Next time I may buy them over the counter as well as request them with my thyroxine as they don't always know what they're doing. You carers have enough on your plate without this.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I'm supposed to buy them over the counter but before they were able to do it if requested them with my thyroxine. Next time I may buy them over the counter as well as request them with my thyroxine as they don't always know what they're doing. You carers have enough on your plate without this.

MaNaAk
i will put it in writing and my husband can deliver it on monday

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
They are probably cheaper to buy than the cost the NHS to Prescribe. Most NHS trust would thus expect you to buy them in that case

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
They are probably cheaper to buy than the cost the NHS to Prescribe. Most NHS trust would thus expect you to buy them in that case
I know they will but I can't afford it and a lot of people with serious allergies will try to buy it over the counter when they should see a doctor. I am personally very worried about one of my pupils who I think is a bordering asthmatic.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
they gave me some when i didnt ask for them on my repeat. they did prescribe me some when i became allergic to the glue of the patch. when they gave me my tablets, i found them in the bag with them. they can be quite expensive especially if you need the stronger ones.

Bugs

Aug 27, 2020
Perhaps tell the surgery that your husbands number is no longer valid and tell them to remove it from their system?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckdf1234