advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I hope you're husband's appointment goes well @jennifer1967.

MaNaAk
its not until next tuesday 5th july when our daughter is taking him. i tried to phone the gp again today and no joy so will try friday as hes out tomorrow at the shed. he has a painful leg with a lump that comes up that looks fluid. i dont know what it is and he keeps complaining but just getting a phone back is stuff of dreams at the moment.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
finally after trying all week, i managed to get a call back from the doctor about his painful leg and a lump that keeps appearing on it. got to change paracetamol to co-codamol before bed time and take picture of his lump. he has a review next week where they can review that as well. i had to rush up to his room as i wanted him to describe the pain and then took over from there.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
he has had his review such as it was. i wasnt sure which illness it was for COPD, diabetes or dementia. it wasnt for dementia. it was a general wellbeing check. my daughter went with him and reported back hes doing well. didnt do peak flow for his breathing. can feel his feet with the diabetes which is more than i can. hes lost a bit of weight, not sure where!! hes getting a phone back tomorrow for the pain in his legs and blood results. i look forward to that. im pleased.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
theyve doubled his diabetic tablet as sugars creeping up. his bloods after a very drawn out phone call are fine no anaemia and the raised liver enzyme is ok. just going to repeat blood test in a months time. he has a face to face appt for his painful leg and the lump wednesday. the mayor is opening the shed thursday. need to tidy him up a bit. they keep raising my insulin levels. another busy week. peace this morning when he goes to the shed.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
theyve doubled his diabetic tablet as sugars creeping up. his bloods after a very drawn out phone call are fine no anaemia and the raised liver enzyme is ok. just going to repeat blood test in a months time. he has a face to face appt for his painful leg and the lump wednesday. the mayor is opening the shed thursday. need to tidy him up a bit. they keep raising my insulin levels. another busy week. peace this morning when he goes to the shed.
I didn't know your husband was diabetic @jennifer1967. You must be relieved by those other results. Don't worry about Wednesday and look forward to Thursday.

Hope you both had a good morning.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I didn't know your husband was diabetic @jennifer1967. You must be relieved by those other results. Don't worry about Wednesday and look forward to Thursday.

Hope you both had a good morning.

MaNaAk
thank you @MaNaAk yes weve got it all going on. but his soft diet wins before the diabetic one. i had to fight for him to do that that i surrendered when the diabetic diet came along. more important for him to not choke i think. looks like hes had a good morning. ive had a good morning with my music. knitting my tortoise. ive let my imagination run riot on colours and design.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
i was hoovering too much then showered him and trimmed his hair so done too much and very stiff. feel like 80 when i sort of crawled out of bed. still his shirt and trousers to iron for tomorrow.
@jennifer1967 I really admire the way that you keep on going even though you have your own health problems. Take care.