advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my daughter and her partner have taken him out for a little while and brought a card down. so get a bit time to myself. he wanted an airfryer for his birthday so i did get him one with the view if he cant manage then i can manage to use it. he has used it a couple of times and seems to manage. its healthier at least.

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
Hope the day was good for all of you. Glad to note that you also managed a bit of time for yourself.

Carmenjane

Mar 17, 2022
Hi @jennifer1967
Lots of frontal lobe behaviour there that I recognise :(
Although there is no medication for vascular dementia as such, there is medication for the behaviour. In particular there is medication that can calm hypersexuality. Please do contact your GP outlining the problems and emphasising that you are afraid of him. Do also be prepared to phone 999 if he becomes very angry. You are right - defending yourself will only trigger the anger.

What are you afraid might happen? Would the son remove him from your "influence"? Would this be a bad thing?
I think the poster is saying that her husband has trust issues, not the son.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I ended with a late but better night. I had a tub of Galaxy ice-cream with my takeaway and I feel 'rounded'! Hope you feel better soon.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I ended with a late but better night. I had a tub of Galaxy ice-cream with my takeaway and I feel 'rounded'! Hope you feel better soon.

MaNaAk
im ok now but will take chocs slower. rounded is a new one on me. the chocs were very rich. i had to give some others to my husband. he did his best to help me out with them. so helpful!!!!

Poolie

Sep 5, 2020
My husband is exactly the same, he is undiagnosed but I have seen him decline slowly over the last 5 years. His short term memory is very poor. As his condition has deteriorated his temper and controlling has become much worse. No matter how much I try to keep him happy it may be just a simple thing that triggers his nasty remarks again. He knows he has a problem and writes everything down to help him....on line banking is a nightmare and he can be so rude to the online staff when he phones for help. Most of the time I hate waking up dreading what the day will bring...he constantly loses his temper and is foul mouthed not just at me. He doesn't like me seeing friends so feel isolated. Although I do have young grandchildren who he appears to love. But after reading posts I now feel I am unable to dedicate the remaining years I have to him...living in dread which will only get worse. I do feel sorry for him but he has always had problems with anger and realises he should have had anger management years ago.... so I suffer for this. We had a terrible day on Monday and he now is very quiet but I decided then I cannot go on. At the present he can manage alone so this is probably the right time as if I wait I know I will not leave him when he needs me so much more. The sad thing is his behaviour when much younger pushed his children away they have never been intouch for years. He has family but I know they are not aware of his condition. To

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967,

How's your husband today? Is it worth him doing a Covid test to rule that out? How's your husband @Duggies-girl ?

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk im not sure. he says he feels better, just a bit groggy. ive suggested a test and he says no and his breathing is better. his oxygen rates are ok but i will keep an eye on him and suggest a test at regular intervals

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i have done a test on him and hes clear so thats good. we think its just the weather change on his COPD and a general progression. i will keep an eye on him.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
he went to mens shed but not entirely sure he was well but as he says he can come home again if he doesnt feel right. hes very much slower and questioned a jumper. he just says his breathing is not as good due to weather changes and mentioned steroids last night. it doesnt help it forgets to take his reliever inhaler when he is breathless as he cant remember when he needs it. i feel like a broken record or over fussy sometimes.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
he went to mens shed but not entirely sure he was well but as he says he can come home again if he doesnt feel right. hes very much slower and questioned a jumper. he just says his breathing is not as good due to weather changes and mentioned steroids last night. it doesnt help it forgets to take his reliever inhaler when he is breathless as he cant remember when he needs it. i feel like a broken record or over fussy sometimes.
You are not a broken record just a loving wife, mother and friend. Look at the support you're giving me @jennifer1967.

MaNaAk