advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
woke up to carnage this morning. the budgies cage was on the floor next to living room door and the budgie was flying around after escaping the cage. he seems fine for his great escape. cage needed cleaning and hes obviously decided that hes not slumming any more. the living room window was left open so we think our cat had decided to launch at it. now hes got the nerve to want to come in and have his breakfast. hes going to have to wait until the budgie is safely back in his cage.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Glad the budgie is OK. I like cats but I'm not so keen when they go for other pets or bring in random mice and semi-dead wild birds.
Probably put your feet up time for the rest of the day.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Glad the budgie is OK. I like cats but I'm not so keen when they go for other pets or bring in random mice and semi-dead wild birds.
Probably put your feet up time for the rest of the day.
hes usually ok but the window was left open when he usually stays in the kitchen overnight. we are not positive it was him but he looked very suspicious when he came in. birdseed knows how to spread about but hes back in a clean cage. hes very quiet. we re-homed him from a resident that came into the carehome io worked in as they couldnt keep him so hes about 5yrs old now. tweets to the music on the tv and can meow like a cat. not done a lot more as i have to ration what i can do.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Hi @jennifer1967 , I got the year right say no more ?. Reading about the budgie reminded me of when I used to live at home. We also had a budgie and cat but mum and dad had to put the cage on a couple of hooks high up so that the cat couldn't reach the cage. Fortunately the cat never got the budgie but I presume there must have been a near miss for them to raise the height of his cage. Glad budgie is safe unfortunately is cats nature to go after anything that flutters. I had a cat myself many years ago and he did bring the odd bird home mostly dead but I did manage to get a couple of live ones. My little dog when a puppy also brought a bird in again was alive and incredibly she did drop it when I told her too not that she's that obedient. Unfortunately little bird didn't make it as I put behind a fence only to find it passed next day.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hi @jennifer1967 , I got the year right say no more ?. Reading about the budgie reminded me of when I used to live at home. We also had a budgie and cat but mum and dad had to put the cage on a couple of hooks high up so that the cat couldn't reach the cage. Fortunately the cat never got the budgie but I presume there must have been a near miss for them to raise the height of his cage. Glad budgie is safe unfortunately is cats nature to go after anything that flutters. I had a cat myself many years ago and he did bring the odd bird home mostly dead but I did manage to get a couple of live ones. My little dog when a puppy also brought a bird in again was alive and incredibly she did drop it when I told her too not that she's that obedient. Unfortunately little bird didn't make it as I put behind a fence only to find it passed next day.
thank you @Wildflowerlady i now feel like a new woman, with all those centuries off me!!!:) he does catch young birds and mice. likes to present them as well so i chase him out. hes not normally in the room on his own with the budgie as he does get interested when the budgie flaps his wings. the window got left open so came in and made a right mess. there was cage on the floor, seed every where and the budgie flying around. the budgie has been very quiet all day but has just started cheeping to himself. the cat has been skulking around all day so knows im not happy with him.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967 ,

Was everyone okay today?

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk yes everyone in their proper places. hes going to mens shed and i have a phone appt with the gp this morning. im hoping that she will leave me on what ive got. im going to mention my booster as well. according to scientists, im not protected against omicron and due last week. today im having a day off of things. i did too much yesterday and began to hurt

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
spoke to the gp and she has accepted that oramorph and paracetamol is the solution. not great but im happier with it. also got to factor in that i can look after my husband with this meds. i need to listen more so i dont over do it and stop believing im superwoman which is a lesson we could all learn.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
spoke to the gp and she has accepted that oramorph and paracetamol is the solution. not great but im happier with it. also got to factor in that i can look after my husband with this meds. i need to listen more so i dont over do it and stop believing im superwoman which is a lesson we could all learn.
Hooray for oramorph! I'm so pleased for you. Now you are getting some pain relief and you'll no longer have to put up with the dreadful itching and soreness from those patches. One less thing to worry about. Has to be a better solution.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hooray for oramorph! I'm so pleased for you. Now you are getting some pain relief and you'll no longer have to put up with the dreadful itching and soreness from those patches. One less thing to worry about. Has to be a better solution.
and i get to have a decent shower without worrying about the patches getting wet. that is pure heaven. she wasnt quite happy but in the face of nothing else and im happier