1. Fforest23

Fforest23 New member

Dec 15, 2019
    #1 Fforest23, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Hi Everyone
    I’m new on here but would like to know if anyone on here could recommend a live in carer for an elderly lady (89 years old) with what looks now to be the onset of dementia, in Lancashire please. We are at crisis point with her care as no professional seems to care! and I cannot stay with her much longer as I have serious health problems of my own but I cannot leave her on her own because she is at risk, I don't know what to do with this situation and it seems no body is listening to me.

2. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
  3. deepetshopboy

deepetshopboy Registered User

Jul 7, 2008
    Hi i have a similar problem with my dad cannot get private carers! Not live in just for couple of hours as dads got dementia I've now turned to ss social services for help as going have nervous breakdown soon full time carer no help
    Even if not self funded they can do urgent carer assesment care assesment for the care and carer they can help find private carers
    Also care quality commission have a website with cares agency that have the care rating etc

4. deepetshopboy

deepetshopboy Registered User

Jul 7, 2008
    Also Alzheimer’s helpline
    Admiral nurses helpline
    But try social services first saying you need urgent help for vunrable lady elderly

5. Woohoo

Woohoo Registered User

Apr 30, 2019
    Female
    South East
    Have you tried speaking to the lady’s gp ? I would def do what @deepetshopboy has recommended, Social Services , Admiral Nurses and helpline . Good luck, hope you get some help soon .

6. shaktibhakti

shaktibhakti Registered User

Sep 5, 2016
    brighton
    Get her GP onboard....We had two years of weight loss before my mother was diagnosed...Mum told GP she was eating three meals a day!!?? she thought she was eating them!! but was forgetting to eat and not feeling hungry...then not drinking....dehydration and then had falls.....kep trying dont give up!! its not easy , my prayers are with you,