Advice please ????

Fluffy pom pom

Jul 21, 2019
Hi my mom in law has vascular dementia, and she's gone back in her years to where she has hallucinations and sees her mom and aunty, my father in law had taken her to her childhood home luckily no one was in!!! But now she wants to go back! Her daughter is visiting from Scotland this weekend and doing a house clearence bearing in mind she thinks she is bring kicked out her own home! So clearing the house is a bad idea in my eyes, and she don't recognise her house after a trip to the shops, and her daughter planning her a trip 500 miles away she dont visit her family 2 mins up the rd due to stress, so that will see her off, any thoughts?

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hello @Fluffy pom pom I’m pleased you have found the forum and I hope you gain support from posting here

I agree with you it doesn’t seem very sensible to subject you MIL to such unnecessary stress I hope the rest of the family can see that.

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
It sounds like a very bad idea for your MIL to go on this journey, so I hope her daughter rethinks this. If not, you just let to have to let her find out for herself (unfortunately at your MIL's expense).

Fluffy pom pom

Jul 21, 2019
Maybe your father in law can help, will your MIL listen to him?
No she won't listen to him she has days she dont recognise him, she's lost 16 stone in 2 years, its so heartbreaking, no her daughter thinks its a great idea to clear the house out! Mil already thinks people are coming in her home taking her belongings, to make matters worse they have no central heating or storage heaters, he cooks for himself she only eats 3 meals a week.