Advice please re care plan meeting

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
MsK what a dreadful situation I'm so glad it has been resolved for the time being. My situation is very different to yours my husband is 83 but when he was taken into hospital 8 days ago where he has been causing problems, I asked for an assessment meeting before he is released from hospital. His SW told me it would be in my husband's best interest to come home. I asked what would happen if I said I couldn't look after him any more and he said he would then have to make alternative arrangements. You can't be forced to care for someone else.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Ms K

Sep 16, 2015
Care plan meeting today

We had the care plan meeting today, it went better than expected. My OH has been deemed to no longer have mental capacity (which I had expected to be the case) and needing 24/7 care (again expected). I was firm in why I could no longer cope with him at home and did not get any real push back on this. He has deteriorated again in the last week in hospital so there was support from the hospital and his CPN on why it would not work coming home even with a live in carer. It means we now start the next stage of this journey of finding a care home, it won't be easy finding somewhere as he is so young but hope they can find somewhere not too far away with places so that at least we can visit without it being a major trip each time.

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Glad to read that your position was understood, but so sorry that you find your family in this situation, it is so sad. But thankfully you didn't have to stand your ground against any idea of sending your husband home, they can obviously see how impossible it would be for all of you.
Hope it's not too difficult to find a good place for him near to you.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
I'm so glad the situation has improved for you MrsK, and you can have some peace of mind and your OH can get the care he needs. Hope this won't be too far to travel.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ms K

Sep 16, 2015
Thank you sleepless Cat27 and esmeralda, and thank you everyone who gave me advice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa