Advice please about mum

barmby

Nov 6, 2006
Mum

Yes we will keep on top of it..My sister already has spoken to the Consultant and he has apologised for the confusion...She is waiting now for the CT scan..What a time,plus I have a three year old little girl....I will keep you posted..Mum seems settled now...Thanks again for your concern

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
[QUOTE=barmby]I was so shocked because the reason she is going back home is because they could not do the sigmoidoscopy because she was too rigid...So I said has the diarrhoea stopped.."No" she replied,"she is still having it.[/QUOTE]

Is your Mum too frail to have an anaesthetic for the sigmoidoscopy? It isn't usual procedure but my Mum had an anaesthetic first. I must say I'd be rigid too if they tried to do opne on me! Your poor Mum! I hope the scanis useful. Thinking of you and your Mum. Nell

barmby

Nov 6, 2006
mum

Yes We thought why cant she have an anethesic too.....But they havent mentioned that..Crikey dont want to be telling then their jobs!!!Its really odd also because one of the staff in high authority said that wouldnt it be nicer for mum to return back to the home as she is frightened and at least the carers know her...Could not understand that at all and said well what about the diarrhoea..and finding out why she has it,what is the obstruction like they were going to do at the weekend...It all seems like we are having to fight for things for mum..It just doesnt make sense...So I will keep you posted,thanks for your concern

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Barmby, I hope the hospital isn`t stringing you along or withholding important diagnosis or information. I don`t want to be Job`s advocate, but ?????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
orange77