Advice on travelling

Amanda1954

Nov 5, 2006
Leicester
My mum travelled to Greece for my wedding in October last year. She was accompanied on the journey by David, her gentleman friend (she's 81 & he's 82 so I don't use the term boyfriend!)plus other friends of mine, so I knew she was well looked after on the trip. However, it was a very long day's travelling, starting at 4 am being picked up by taxi from home, half an hour to the airport, waiting around for the flight, then a four-hour flight, a bus ride to the port, more waiting around, then one hour on the ferry to the island. She was fine when she arrived and thrilled to be there but it had obviously taken it out of her and the next two days she was not so well.

Even I am tired out making that journey but I could see my mum had additional issues with the AD in that she was quite disorientated and confused, even with me around most of the time, and she was off her food and feeling nauseous etc. Luckily she recovered fully for the day of the wedding and enjoyed the rest of her stay.

In June she is going to Israel for two weeks with David and I wondered if anyone had any tips or practical advice that I could give to David, or anything I can do myself before she goes, to try and make the travelling experience easier for her, and try and ensure she enjoys her holiday to the full?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Amanda

No advice, I'm afraid, just wanted to congratulate your on your wedding.

It was wonderful that your mum was able to be there, and enjoyed the day.

Love,

Amanda1954

Nov 5, 2006
Leicester
Thanks Hazel, that's so kind of you.

We had a wonderful day and it was the icing on the cake to have my mum with us. I had been so worried for the two days before the wedding, when she was not so good, so it was great to see her still dancing under the trees at 1 am, really enjoying herself.

We now have a lot of fun looking back through the photos as she can't remember anything about it, but she loves to look at them. I wish I could post a photo here so you could see how lovely she looked.

Thanks again for your kind wishes.

Amanda1954

Nov 5, 2006
Leicester
I'd be delighted to Hazel. I didn't realise it was possible to put pics on but now see the paperclip logo for attachments so I'll give it a whirl.

Can you direct me to the tea room though? I don't know how to find it!
:confused: