Advice on trackers

rowan.bradley

Jul 9, 2024
I need to buy for my wife (who has Alzheimer's) a locator devicethat will enable me to find her if she has wandered off somewhere. Ideally I would like:
- a device that will work anywhere in Europe
- that will show me where my wife is on a map, on my Android phone
- preferably some location history, so I can see where she's been recently
- with an SOS button, which when pressed will call me and allow me to have a 2-way conversation with her
- with the ability to call up to three different numbers in priority order. So I will be priory 1, so when the SOS button is pressed, I will get the call. If I'm not available (e.g. phone switched off or out of signal range) priority 2 will get the call etc.
- able to work in areas with poor mobile phone coverage, and via whatever the srongest network is at that spot.
- At a non-excessive cost, and especially without excessive monthly costs
Can you recommend something that will meet these requirements?

Thank you - Rowan

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome from me.
Just to clarify I take it you're the one doing the international travel not your wife?
My phone nothing special, an old Android one does have an emergency button no idea where or how it came to be there, for reference I post as a carer UK I always assumed it was a standard feature.
Because of possible "stalking" someone and I'm not for one minute implying you're doing it for anything other than the best of reasons, please don't take offence, but others might misuse it.
I hope there is something but I can see that other than someone caring it could be open to abuse. Just a thought but possibly something for monitoring children's locations might exist.
I've been out all day today but my phone has been at home, it only tells you where the phone is not the person.
My phone went to Wales the other week, left it in a neighbours car when they went out for the day and I left it in their car while helping them get the children in the car. Apparently it had a nice day out. K

rowan.bradley

Jul 9, 2024
Usually the device will be used in UK, and I will be in UK. But shortly we will both be going to Greece on holiday, and it is therefore important that the device works when we are both overseas (in Europe)

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
I found for travel insurance to be valid when abroad I had to state that my husband with Alzheimer’s would be accompanied by me at all times. Husband and I both have I phones, they have a Find My app which works well to track him, and I believe would also work abroad. Also I did some research at one time and you can get simple phone/trackers that have an emergency phone button, enable very limited number of linked phone numbers and additionally had a falls alert.

wsjmk04

Feb 27, 2024
I need to buy for my wife (who has Alzheimer's) a locator devicethat will enable me to find her if she has wandered off somewhere. Ideally I would like:
- a device that will work anywhere in Europe
- that will show me where my wife is on a map, on my Android phone
- preferably some location history, so I can see where she's been recently
- with an SOS button, which when pressed will call me and allow me to have a 2-way conversation with her
- with the ability to call up to three different numbers in priority order. So I will be priory 1, so when the SOS button is pressed, I will get the call. If I'm not available (e.g. phone switched off or out of signal range) priority 2 will get the call etc.
- able to work in areas with poor mobile phone coverage, and via whatever the srongest network is at that spot.
- At a non-excessive cost, and especially without excessive monthly costs
Can you recommend something that will meet these requirements?

Thank you - Rowan
Alzproducts may have something suitable . Try a quick web search .