Advice on how to cope

Milatoschris

May 29, 2018
How do people cope when a partner keeps insisting that you must go to work, or your seeing someone else, when all I am doing is going to the shops or having a early morning run. I take him shopping most of the time, but occasionally it’s easier and quicker on my own, and that early morning outing clears my head and is a bit of me time. I must say at times I am at my wits end.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @Milatoschris . I used to tell my dad whatever I thought he’d find acceptable when I left him - it wasn’t always the truth but I found it easier for both of us than trying to explain that what he thought was wrong.

Have you seen compassionate communication. I found it helpful when dealing with dad’s interesting take on reality!

Milatoschris

May 29, 2018
Hi @Milatoschris . I used to tell my dad whatever I thought he’d find acceptable when I left him - it wasn’t always the truth but I found it easier for both of us than trying to explain that what he thought was wrong.

Have you seen compassionate communication. I found it helpful when dealing with dad’s interesting take on reality!

Thank-you x