advice on cleaning after tiolet

Murper1

Jan 1, 2016
Lots of useful information I'm now going to investigate for my mum. My Mum's toileting products at the moment are: the multiple packs of Boots nighttime pull up pants (bought online on offer and used for day time too as they are the same price as the day ones but more absorbent I think), cheap supermarket pedal bin liner (bags), disposable gloves, loo roll, baby wipes (bought as multiple packs when on offer), prescription Proshield to ward off pressure sores, and an antibacterial spray and J cloth for cleaning up the loo after! I get everything ready before starting 'the process'. Rather aptly the postlady Ann has just delivered 3 large boxes from Boots - a huge relief having had to deal with the consequences of when mum ran out OMG! which made me realise just how essential the pull ups are to my life ha ha!

jennypie

Jan 5, 2014
North yorkshire
I've just come back from supermarket with 3 bottles of anti bac spray and floor wipes one for upstairs bathroom one for downstairs loo and one for kitchen floor ( incontinent dog as well as oh!) what a life eh! I hope folks buying incontinence pads or pants are getting an assessment from the NHS to get them supplied .

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Pollytickle

Nov 15, 2015
?.. cheap supermarket pedal bin liner (bags),...

Hi Murper :)

Your local council will have a system for disposing of "clinical waste", in our area it's commonly known as Yellow Bag cuz that's what they give you to put stuff in :D If you go on their website there should be contact details for the department that handles Refuse Collections; ours is free.

I invested in those smelly bin bags to help with odour control; lemon ones seem to counter-act it quite well.

Murper1

Jan 1, 2016
Thanks Pollytickle I'll have a look at the bags. Odour control having become rather important these days!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonetti