Advice needed.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello DrGreenThumb

Please print out your post , take it to your GP and ask for a referral to a neurologist.
You need to be listened to even if scans have shown nothing. If there is nothing wrong, you need someone to sit down with you and be able to put your mind at rest.
If there is something wrong, it needs to be found and treated.
Good luck and please post to let us know how you get on.

chucky

Feb 17, 2011
UK
Hello Drgreenthumb, it is clear that youre anxious about this, so i wouldnt worry about "pestering" yout DR thats what they are there for. You do sound as if your very anxious and sometimes that can get us confused at times. I had a very bad bout of depression after i got divorced many years ago, and to this day, even though i know i was married and who to, i remember the wedding day and nothing else. I seeem to have blanked out the 8 years i had with my husband. Ive been divorced for 17 years and the memories havent come back yet. That said, i'm not a doctor so i wouldnt even begin to presume what your're going through could be this or that, the fact that youre worried is enough to indicate that somethings not right. Call your DR now, when youre obviously thinking about things and explain how youre feeling. You've made a start already by coming here to TP and thats good because youre ready to talk. He/she should hopefully be able to allay your fears and give you support. Keep talking and get it all out its not good to bottle things up, take a deep breath,get on the phone and make an appointment and thats you over the first hurdle. I know its not easy but try, you have nothing to lose. take care x

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
Hi and Welcome to TP
I agree, go and see your Dr as soon as you can. You have absolutely nothing to lose. If there is nothing medically wrong then there has to be a reason for it and if there is a problem it can start to be treated.
Take care and keep us posted.
Nanak
missing what has gone and scared of what is to come

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Hello and welcome to Talking Point.

I am sorry you so worried about memory problems and I thought it might be helpful for you to read the AS factsheet: Should I Be Worried About Memory Problems?

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/document_pdf.php?documentID=864

I think it is worth saying that problems with your memory can be caused by many other things, and not just demenita. I do agree, go back to your GP or another if your surgery has more than one, and ask for a second opinion.

Best wishes to you x

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hi Dr greenthumb
do keep pestering your gp. they are their to help, Its a great idea of Sylvia's to print out your post, or make a daily diary of all the things that happen to you, then takr them to your gp,

jackanory

May 10, 2011
I am new member have been on in the past when my sister was ill ,now i have been told i have dementia and have been put on medication [aracept ]so i would be grateful for any advise poppy

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello Poppy
Welcome to TP (talking point).though Im sad to hear of your Diagnosis.
Its good to hear you are on Aricept

We have many members who are sufferers who hopefully will be along soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet