Advice needed

Eddiep

Mar 7, 2021
My mum had the official diagnosis of mixed Alzheimer’s and vascular on Monday, the Dr told me to ring social services and ask for an urgent assessment for my mums needs. I spoke to a social worker this morning she said my mum is functioning so there are no Sw needs just Heath needs. I feel like she is fobbing me off as she she there will be no budget for my mum. Should I ask her for a complete care plan?
Thanks

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
My mum had the official diagnosis of mixed Alzheimer’s and vascular on Monday, the Dr told me to ring social services and ask for an urgent assessment for my mums needs. I spoke to a social worker this morning she said my mum is functioning so there are no Sw needs just Heath needs. I feel like she is fobbing me off as she she there will be no budget for my mum. Should I ask her for a complete care plan?
Thanks
go through gp if needed to put more pressure on them. we had a assessment for my husband who is 2 yrs into vascular dementia. because he could make a cup of tea, he was independent and didnt need anything.he cooks but forgets to turn the cooker off and used to put tea towels on top. you are entitled to a care assessment and a carer assessment. that is a requirement.

Eddiep

Mar 7, 2021
go through gp if needed to put more pressure on them. we had a assessment for my husband who is 2 yrs into vascular dementia. because he could make a cup of tea, he was independent and didnt need anything.he cooks but forgets to turn the cooker off and used to put tea towels on top. you are entitled to a care assessment and a carer assessment. that is a requirement.

Eddiep

Mar 7, 2021
So have you got any help from it? My mum isn’t taking all her pills and is very thin, I doubt very much she will get anything from it as it’s all about budget. The main problem I have is she is a main carer for her sister, I don’t think she can do it but SS and the mental Heath team seem to think she can. Even the Dr said he had concerns but still she won’t have it.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
So have you got any help from it? My mum isn’t taking all her pills and is very thin, I doubt very much she will get anything from it as it’s all about budget. The main problem I have is she is a main carer for her sister, I don’t think she can do it but SS and the mental Heath team seem to think she can. Even the Dr said he had concerns but still she won’t have it.
no he had capacity and refused all help as he can and still doing it.