Advice needed on deputy ship

Cavanarra bruce

Jan 23, 2018
i applied for deputy ship for my father almost 9 months ago because I have serious concerns about my sisters poa for my mother ( but not my father). This poa gives her full access to a joint account which she has emptied. My father passed a week ago and still I have not been granted the deputy ship I so desperately wanted for dad to have the things to make his last weeks/ months more comfortable. My solicitor is on holiday so I wondered if anyone here can tell me what happens now! Because my sister has this poa I have been shut out of his funeral arrangements. I can’t believe things could get any worse. Police ignore the fact that the poa is for mother only but my sister spends dads pension as well. I am distraught with everything

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I'm so sorry to hear about your father. It must be difficult to grieve with things as they are. I'm afraid I can't offer any advice as I have no experience with deputyship, though.

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Sorry, I forgot to say that there may be a refund due for the fees paid, when the person on whose behalf you are applying has died before deputyship has either been issued or within a short timeframe.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I'm afraid you can't get deputyship for someone who has died so you will have lost that money, but you better tell them your father has died.
I don't know what to do about your sister and the joint bank account as you've already involved the police. Your father's pension will of course stop now but the joint account will now automatically become your mother's sole account.
LPA had nothing to do with funeral arrangements so why your sister's LPA for your mother should exclude you from being involved in your father's funeral is a mystery to me.

Last edited:

Cavanarra bruce

Jan 23, 2018
i applied for deputy ship for my father almost 9 months ago because I have serious concerns about my sisters poa for my mother ( but not my father). This poa gives her full access to a joint account which she has emptied. My father passed a week ago and still
Sorry, I forgot to say that there may be a refund due for the fees paid, when the person on whose behalf you are applying has died before deputyship has either been issued or within a short timeframe.[/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife