117katie

.please forget that i ever asked for advice

KATIE

Last edited by a moderator:

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Katie,
When Peter had lots of bruises on his arm, h said he kept being pinched. All and sundry were called to a meeting and I was not well enough to attend,so my daughter went as Peter is her step-father.
There is information on the web.
I wish I could help more.
Christine

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Hmmmm ..... at the risk of sounding very cynical (have experience of Child PP not Adults PP) people are normally 'excluded' either enitrely or because of portions of a Case Conference etc which they are not deemed to be 'privy' (for reasons purely of confidentiality for all parties concerned) to the information being shared amongst 'professionals' ......

That said, the person MUST (surely, please God?) have an advocate - often the social worker for children - Katie - sorry to ask - I think I might know the answer - but are you technically 'next of kin'? Could that be the issue? I will try to find out more ......

Love, Karen, x

117katie

Yes, Karen, I am her next-of-kin. Had a few positive phone calls this afternoon, which suggest that I may be allowed to attend. They realise that I am only desperately concerned that the right information is passed on, if only so that others are protected in the future.

A lot of the paperwork/info that I have seen so far - and there is more to come to me - contains gross errors, some of which may have contributed to the sad consequences for my aunt. I understand the need for confidentiality, but if they are unaware of those errors, then the picture presented will be distorted. I am given to understand that if my aunt were able to attend, then she would be allowed to with a relative/supporter/carer/advocate or other closely interested party being present. Not possible though, because she is critically ill.

So if you have any sources of info that may be able to shed light further, it would be welcome.

THANKS MUCHLY!

KATIE

117katie

Thanks, Chip, I'll follow that one up tomorrow when I may be a little more refreshed!

Thanks a lot for the link.

Katie

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moniqueishere