Adukt Day Care

katlady47q

Dec 21, 2014
I feel my husband with dementia is under stimulated. I make sure we get out at least once a day, even if it's just to do errands. We walk at an indoor track every weekday. I wonder if an adult day care facility would help fill his time. Anybody with experience having husband in adult daycare? He has few interests and is limited in what he can do.

Dustycat

Jul 14, 2014
North East
My Dad went to Day Care 3 x a week and enjoyed it. Quite pricey though. The upside is that it also gives you a break. X

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
If you can get him to go to day care I'd start it, because it will give you time at home for yourself, and will be a useful outlet for him. He might also make friends with other people there and so might you.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
It might be pricey for you but the charges depend on the borough! OH goes five times a week and it costs only £3 for the lunch. He loves it!

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I am desperate for John to go to day care and he is quite keen but we are well down the waiting list for even one day!

henfenywfach

May 23, 2013
rct
I feel my husband with dementia is under stimulated. I make sure we get out at least once a day, even if it's just to do errands. We walk at an indoor track every weekday. I wonder if an adult day care facility would help fill his time. Anybody with experience having husband in adult daycare? He has few interests and is limited in what he can do.

Hi!..like you i believe that its nice to focus on doing things..eventhough im not talking about a partner..but my father..i attend a craft session run by the alzheimers society and loves it and has become quite a talent...he loves the company and its therapeutic...the activities are well thought out..to benefit them..and i even attend..as it helps to relieve stress....theres also a pottery class..my dad goes to again by the society..there are trained volunteers there..again hes become a talent and its so therapeutic...

The biggest impact of all is the choir or singing session...its amazing.!.the music awakens even those that..are quiet and unresponsive...its truly amazing...for you also or a friend or carer..i hope you get the chance to visit one...
best wishes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Talking Point mobile app

Liz57

Dec 22, 2013
Mum has just started at the local Age UK daycare which costs £40.00 for a 9.30 - 2.30 day that includes lunch. She seems to enjoy it, and remembers going (sometimes) although sometimes she thinks she works there. She has been a bit unsettled however on return recently and I think perhaps it's tiring for her.

She originally refused to go on the grounds that it was too expensive but her constant phone calls during the day when I'm at work complaining that she's on her own have convinced me to pay for it myself even though I barely earn that:(

I'd love her to go to some of the other activities but she won't go without me and none of the local Alzheimers ones are at times I can take her as I'm at work.