admiration for you all out there!

tuffydawn

Mar 30, 2015
I have so much admiration for all you out there i have lived with this for four years and running out of steam how do people cope year after year I have had enough already and know there is a long road ahead but at the moment can not bear the thought of years and years ahead having a bad week

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I have so much admiration for all you out there i have lived with this for four years and running out of steam how do people cope year after year I have had enough already and know there is a long road ahead but at the moment can not bear the thought of years and years ahead having a bad week

Hi Tuffty
You're not alone there's plenty more of us out here that feel the same way.
K

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Hi tuffydawn. I'm sure all of us have bad spells and wonder how we will cope in the future. I'm wondering if you have to cope alone, as this can often be particularly draining.

Sometimes, caring can get easier as you get used to the tasks and as the person we are caring for passes through different phases. We know there is only one end to the story but, as the disease progresses, there can be less taxing times.

I'm trust you are finding support and advice on TP.

Perhaps next week will be a little less difficult. I hope so.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk

You'll get used to it, tuffydawn. No, it won't be easy, but you will learn to adapt.

I currently cherish that my husband has been in excellent care for the last four months. I'm having to prepare my mind to possibly bring him back home due to the cost of that care and us really not being able to afford it. If he comes back home, there's a chance we will at least be warm and fed over the winter! The rest, I'll have to re-learn to take in my stride. If anything, dementia does one of two things to the carer: it either brings us down with an almighty crash, or it makes us extremely strong. I opt to stay strong, as I've had long enough to recuperate.

Whatever advice you feel you need yourself, just stick to this forum like glue and you'll get loads of support. All the very best to you and your loved one, xx

Last edited:

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West

Hi tuffydawn when you say YOU have lived with for four years I am assuming you yourself have had a diagnoses of Dementia

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Thanks for your post Tony. What you suggest is possible but the thread appears in the 'I have a partner with dementia' forum.

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Thanks for your post Tony. What you suggest is possible but the thread appears in the 'I have a partner with dementia' forum.

Thanks stanleypj I didn't see that I mentioned it because having a diagnoses of Alzheimer's and frontal-temporal-dementia myself and obviously see dementia through the different eyes than a career

1mindy

Jul 21, 2015
Shropshire
"You'll get used to it and learn to adapt " chuggalug says .
She must be a much better person than me . Having just taken another round of me and the others trying to steal his money and the others meddling and stealing things . (Wish there were some others they may give me some rebite ) .Not sure I want to get used to it or adapt . Hope you can I'm sure it makes for a better life .

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hi

I remember your previous posts and I know that you were having trouble getting your OH to the GP to get a diagnosis. Has he been back to the GP yet, or did you get a chance to talk with him/her yourself? If your OH does get a diagnosis it could entitle you both to have assessments. This could open up the possibility of daycare/sitters etc. I know it's very difficult to do but it sounds as though you do need some help and time to yourself.

Sorry that you are having such a bad time.

Take care

Lyn T

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex

I felt the same way after about 6 months. I hope your week improves sweetie. xxx