Admiral Nurses Launch in Wales

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by Linda Mc, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Linda Mc

Linda Mc Registered User

Jul 3, 2005
    Nr Mold
    Following on to nickyd's thread thought you might be interested to know on the 16th of this month is the official launch of the Flintshire Admiral Nurse Service, the first in Wales.

We have two nurses and they actually took up post earlier this year and have quite a case load now.

I am happy to say I have been involved in the implementation of the service here in Flintshire as a carer representative. Bruce was very helpful to me when I first got involved, so thank you Bruce!

It has been a long process but very worthwhile. I hope it will be the start of more Admiral Nurses in Wales and the rest of the UK too.

Linda x

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Congratulations on your involvement Linda and I hope the Launch is successful.

3. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    Fantastic news!

Well done. :)

4. nickyd

nickyd Registered User

Oct 20, 2007
    warwickshire
    Here, here!! I'm sure lots of people out there will benefit from this wonderful service like we did and still are. Admiral nurses don't forget you, even after you have lost a loved one. Ours is wonderful, caring lady who thought alot of Mum..:)
    Nickyxxx

5. Cliff

Cliff Registered User

Jun 29, 2007
    North Wales
    Sounds marvellous.

I would like to know more about the Admiral nurses and would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction please.

6. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
  7. Cate

Cate Registered User

Jul 2, 2006
    Newport, Gwent
    Congratulations Linda, fingers crossed the service reaches the south.

Love

Cate xx

8. Cliff

Cliff Registered User

Jun 29, 2007
    North Wales
    Thank you, Sylvia