Admiral nurse!

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello chick so pleased all went well with Admiral Nurse, l don't feel that l need them yet as l am coping with OH lots of support from family, sister in law lives down the road, eldest son stays with us 4 days a week, but will certainly contact AN when l need extra help. ♡♡♡

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
So pleased it went well Heike! I did a post this morning wishing you well but the tablet dumped it so I gave up because I had to do special tidy up for Occupational therapist coming. I am very happy you are getting some good input, those Admiral Nurses seem to be really good, and great if she can get some help advice to help with John's sleeping problems. Good there is a follow up too, something to hold onto if there are problems We don't have any in Devon - one in Cornwall! I like Izzy's suggestion about emailing them though.
OT was equally lovely and helpful. It's amazing just to have someone recognise the problems and say there is help out there. Not sure we're ready for outside carers yet but still. As far as the wet room is concerned she was confident we would qualify for a grant but there is a MINIMUM wait of 6 months and could be up to 18 months. Very apologetic and will arrange for a bath seat thing, electrically controlled to be brought and tried. Nick hates the idea but we can only try I suppose, although I think there will be the same problems as we have with the bath board. She also said we could have a carer to assist with the bathing. I am thinking we will have to fund a wet room ourselves as it is so important to Nick's quality of life and that's pretty precious these days.
Well onward and upward. I wish I could get those emoticons on here, I just get this:(.
Love Es
x

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hiya Es and pamann thank you for your lovely posts :) I manage most of the time too it's just the nights I find hard at the moment as John hardly sleeps! I am so very tired kind of dog tired and john refuses to take sleeping tablets which I understand as he is on so much medication already for strokes, epilepsy, COPD, arthritis and mixed dementia. Haven't had a full nights sleep for as long as I can remember and I am really struggling! Otherwise we are all good so if they can help us both with this problem like getting a night carer just for a short while and for John to learn some relaxing technics be fantastic we are not too far into this journey either just 4 years and still enjoy our lovely days much love to you all Heike xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hiya Es and pamann thank you for your lovely posts :) I manage most of the time too it's just the nights I find hard at the moment as John hardly sleeps! I am so very tired kind of dog tired and john refuses to take sleeping tablets which I understand as he is on so much medication already for strokes, epilepsy, COPD, arthritis and mixed dementia. Haven't had a full nights sleep for as long as I can remember and I am really struggling! Otherwise we are all good so if they can help us both with this problem like getting a night carer just for a short while and for John to learn some relaxing technics be fantastic we are not too far into this journey either just 4 years and still enjoy our lovely days much love to you all Heike xxx

Oh Sweetie, I always wonder when you post so early if you get a nap during the day. You really can'

Oh Sweetie, I always wonder when you post so early if you get a nap during the day. It would make such a difference to be able to catch up with some sleep. Hope this is prioritised in the help you get. Wishing you a small miracle and tonight is a bit better for both of you.
Love Es
xxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Oh Sweetie, I always wonder when you post so early if you get a nap during the day. It would make such a difference to be able to catch up with some sleep. Hope this is prioritised in the help you get. Wishing you a small miracle and tonight is a bit better for both of you.
Love Es
xxx

Hiya Es much better sleep woop woop! Nothing much on today other then a Wii challenge :) john is better at bowling and I am at archery! There will be a great competition ;) xxx how are you and nick? Xx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hi Heike, so glad you got some more sleep, makes all the difference:):):)
I've always wanted to have a go at archery, and the bowling sounds fun. I think you should award cups - breakfast ones will do.
Just off to the doctors to get Nick's BP checked. Might go to the garden centre after because I'm runnng out of birdseed. Weather's pretty rough here at the moment, nasty showers and the wind's getting up, so it will be nice to get home for tea and tab nabs beside the fire;)
xxx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar