Activities for people with dementia: your ideas, please!

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Hi everyone

I'm posting the below request on behalf of Helen in our Publishing team. Please have a read - it would be great to hear your ideas. :)

Thanks,

Katherine

The Alzheimer's Society book of Activities is being updated and we need your help! This is one of our most popular titles and the new edition will include lots of new ideas for ways in which people with dementia can continue to live well by taking part in activities at home, in the community and in care settings.

We’d really love to hear about the types of activities that you enjoy to go along with contributions and examples of different activities from professionals working in day care and care homes which will feature in the new 2013 edition.

We will include as many ideas as we can in the new book as our aim is that it will be a source of inspiration for ways in which people with dementia can continue to take part not only in recreational activities but also everyday tasks and so feel involved and connected.

Please send in your experiences and ideas with, if possible, a brief indication of how the activity works and why it is enjoyable. For any further information on the new edition of the book contact me at helen.helmer@alzheimers.org.uk or let me know your thoughts by posting a reply to this message. I'm hoping to get all comments back by 25 January.

Thank you.