Activities at Care Homes

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
Here's a nice pic of Mummy with a baby goat - yesterday's activity at Mummy's care home. It was lovely -

1582188490379.png

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
That looks like fun. Mum's care home has lots of activities on, though mum doesn't always want to get involved. If I'm visiting I take her along. Yesterday it was a young opera singer. Not my type of music but enjoyable all the same.
The home has had a variety of animals in. A couple of weeks ago it was large birds of prey so those in the home that like art to do some drawing. The got looks rather more cuddly than they, or the snakes etc that often seem to come in do!

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
It was just so nice for the two of us to enjoy something together. The baby goats seemed to enjoy being cuddled and were very clam.
The CH also has Zoolab, who do bring in reptiles, but my Dad used to breed snakes and amphibians, so my Mum isn't phased by any of that and happily handles them all - while the staff run in the opposite directions....

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
A lovely pic, Mum's care home has a pony that visits and Mum often says that she would like it to meet her horse - trouble is she's never had one and would never go near one, but this pony she is quite happy to rub his head. I take my dogs in and some people love to interact with them, animals often have a way of reaching out to people who really need them the most

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
That's a lovely photo, Helly.
My mother's care home has a miniature 'zoo' which visits from time to time - a mini donkey, fancy chickens, guinea pigs and rabbits. It's really lovely for the residents, my mother loves it.