Aches and Pains

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Sorry, guys, I WILL get technological one day and learn how to learn how to use quotes and smilies etc properly....

Margarita: Sorry, but your mum made me giggle when you said that

You'd have giggled more if you'd have seen me when she said 'buttocks' and I thought of several other words beginning with 'b' that I wouldn't dare repeat here!!!!!
:D (did I manage the smilie right?)

Sue: She could drink the tea on her own but guess what? I spoon-fed the snack in full public view. Some people sort of stared . I was probably violating table manners and etiquette but I couldn't care less.

Well, damned good for you! Anybody doing the 'violating' were the ignorant ones who stared.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Thought you might enjoy this up-date

Conversation this morning, preparing for tomorrow's hospital appointment:

Me: 'Well, at least this is the last of your tests, mum'

Mum: 'Well, I don't know what they're doing all these tests for, it's not as if I'm in pain or anything.'

:eek: :D

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Stimpfig said:
... and I do get terribly upset when friends suggest that it should be easier for me to put my mum in a home now that she doesn't even know that I am her daughter.
I am beginning to get sore at my good friends and get annoyed at the presumptions they make.
I do understand that they speak largely from ignorance and believe that they will be helping me by saying such things !!

I know it's hard when your patience is already tried almost beyond endurance, but forgive your friends. They don't know what else to say that might be helpful or comforting. They care about you, and feel for your pain and stress.
Having only come to know ANYTHING about AD myself in the last 12 months, I know that the majority of us are dreadfully ignorant about dementia until we have been forced by circumstance to come face to face with it.
I cringe with embarassment (now) when I think of the crass, stupid remarks I may have made to any of my friends who were looking after a relative who had AD or dementia, before I knew better. BUT, I meant well ... (that awful phrase which really means "How could you have said something so unthinking!!")

:eek: Ye Gods, I may even have dropped real clangers here already, in which case :eek: please forgive me!

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Ye Gods, I may even have dropped real clangers here already, in which case please forgive me!

Lynne, I reckon if anyone drops any 'clangers' here... it's only because we care:eek:

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976