ACE Scoring Scales

Little Circles

Mar 30, 2017
Derbyshire
Hi
Could anyone explain the results of an ACE test out of 100, I have been given the results for my Mum and I don’t know what that score means.
All I have found out is 82 and over shows no dementia impairment
Search loads of websites but can’t find out where my Mum is at
She has had two now and this one is lower but still got no idea what it means in reality
I would appreciate some help

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Little Circles

I`m not sure how accurate this is but it might help;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addenbrooke's_Cognitive_Examination

Scoring[edit]
The results of each activity are scored to give a total score out of 100 (18 points for attention, 26 for memory, 14 for fluency, 26 for language, 16 for visuospatial processing). The score needs to be interpreted in the context of the patient's overall history and examination, but a score of 88 and above is considered normal; below 83 is abnormal; and between 83 and 87 is inconclusive.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
If her scores are lower now than they were, then this shows that her dementia is advancing

Im not sure that there is a recognised correlation between the scores and what stage of dementia she is at, if this is what you are looking for.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If her scores are lower now than they were, then this shows that her dementia is advancing

To get an idea of how her dementia is advancing you need to know previous and current scores in each of the 5 domains.

@Grannie G has posted a link to the distribution of scores.
The link in my previous post contains a table
2019-10-05_120522.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife