1. Sooty2

Sooty2 Registered User

Jun 1, 2015
    I know Iv griped about this before, but weve now gone from stealing the MIL steamer and dishwasher, to her washing machine and now money. We get daily phone calls, but yet when you visit her she doesn't remember, she is very very aggressive, weve had her to the memory clinic they say theres no easy answer, any ideas anyone, so tiring at times......

2. Quilty

Quilty Registered User

Aug 28, 2014
    GLASGOW
    Have you thought about call screening using an answering machine. It takes 2 to have an argument. You can listen to the message and if you feel she needs a response then you can pick up and say you were in the loo. Somehow it does not seem so bad and you can delete it. I had to do this a few times. There is no point in reasoning. Logic no longer works with a dementia brain.

3. Jessbow

Jessbow Registered User

Easiest way - say you didn't steal, you borrowed ( ''you did say I could...'').
    you'll bring it back later/tommorow

4. Sooty2

Sooty2 Registered User

Jun 1, 2015
    Tried both Jessbow, we have just stopped answering the calls now, I think my main concern is that she already has disowned her daughter for allegedly stealing money, if she disowns us she will have no one else to care for her, and then where will she be??

5. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    Does she still remember that she has disowned her daughter?
    We had this problem with mum. She said that she didnt want me or her (very good long-standing) friend to have anything to do with her as we were stealing from her. Unfortunately she refused all care at home and eventually moved to a care home. She is much better in there and has forgotten what she said to us. Occasionally she will accuse people of stealing her things (things do tend go go walkabout in CHs ;)), but mostly she has moved on from this phase.
    If she says that she disowns you then agree with her and then ignore it.

6. patsy56

patsy56 Registered User

Jan 14, 2015
    Fife Scotland
    I was down visiting mater today, yes through the worst weather for months, but got there.

Not as bad as she has been sounding all week, makes me wonder if she is playing sis off me and acting terrible???

But yes she said she had changed her clothes and changed the towels, (sorry but still changed and took to laundrette)

We always go to cash line after Tescos and she gets money, I then change the big notes to 10+5s but because I had only Clydesdale notes it was....don't like them, they look foreign, I only like my own bank's (RBoS). Your sister always gets me the real ones.:eek:

But the icing on the cake :confused: have you been stealing ,my wine.

No but I think she has offered to others.