Has any research been done, of how many of us with this disease, had abusive or very controlling childhoods or spouses (verbally or physically)? I list those who I know, with this, whatever the cause, ours is Parkinson's, and I honestly do know - that I don't know everything about anyone except myself. But we get hints from what others, with this. say or see how they have been treated if we have known them long, before this disease showed up. (Hope this makes sense.) I can see that a definite 75% - of those I know- have been overly controlled, domineered, abused, etc. The other 25% I don't know about their childhoods, or maybe what I see, now is not the marriage they had 40 years ago! I know from experience that what people think of a family can be 100% opposite of what it truly is behind closed doors. Without any of us "hanging our old dirty laundry out in public", do you notice the same thing? Would truly love to know if there has been research on this, that I could read.