About Alan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Helen

I hope you enjoyed the auction and a chance for a rare night out.
Did you get any bargains?

Our DIL`s father died recently from cancer. Dhiren was very sympathetic and so grateful he had Alzheimers instead of cancer. :(
I think he sees cancer as painful and hopeless, whereas he is grateful Alzheimers is pain free and still hopes for a cure.

Love xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Sylvia

It's coming to something isn't it when going to a pub auction becomes "the big night out":D Anyway I got a Nintendo games console for £23 plus game. Seeing as my daughter uses mine when she comes, she can now have her own;)

Alan and his friend were fine and I gleaned from Norman that they'd had a good time together. They have a massive tv:eek: so you can imagine how Alan was by the time I picked him up. Yes, he was busy telling me how the people on the tv were talking to him. Norman let me know that he was ok and not bothered about it:) Alan was happy and has just come and given me a hug. Life seems to be very up and down these past 2 days.

I've just scanned the new messages and haven't seen whether you've posted about your day. I'll have another look.

Love

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
So pleased for you a night out was just what you needed, hope Alan is ok today x

How's Edna?

Edna is ok she is very settled in the hospital, has the little dig at us but nothing like it was, I am looking forward to visits now as before I dreded it.
we had a meeting yesterday and got another today I will post later,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Heartbroken

It`s so good to hear Edna is better with you. You have tolerated so much from her.
Love xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Helen...

Alan's son, wife and granddaughter took us out into Leicestershire.
...Ah....I wish I'd known....we could have turned up and waved to you.....:D

I'm increasingly realising that if Eric has a busy day with lots of stimulus...ie: company....the following day will be a "downer" for him.

On Sunday my brother's came up to visit....and mum and my older son...it was a "heavy" day for me and even though everyone around knows the situation...and Eric knows them...it was hard work.

Eric was encouraged by my older brother to play the piano....sadly he did play but the mistakes were obvious.
He almost fell getting up from the dinner table...

And both brothers have finally realised that Eric is full time work..

Sunday night Eric was incontinent of urine again...which I put down to increased stress on his behalf through the day. Too many people...too much random conversation...and I wasn't as available as usual.

Change doesn't go well with dementia....

Love gigi xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Gigi

We went to Stoney Cove dive centre and the garden centre at Stoney Stanton. I must admit that I did think of you when I knew we were going to be in Leics. I used to go twice a year for a retreat at Mt. St. Bernards Abbey. Do you know it?

I am sure you are right about the effects of lots of stimuli. I've just put my foot down with one of the sitters who will take Alan out Thursday morning and then wanted to take him out Thursday evening too. I explained to both him and Alan's son that whilst it's beneficial sometimes and it's worth the consequences to Alan and myself, it is not always beneficial and when there isn't a particular need for extra activity then why rock the boat.

It sounds like you had a full on weekend - are you recovered yet?

Love