• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Abbreviations List and Dementia Talking Point Jargon

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
North Manchester
Finance out of hospital

If you Google "finance out of hospital" you will get many references.

I know another one but I am not going to post it as I would be banned for life!!!

EDIT
Include the quotes to force Google to search for the string.

Last edited:

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
This is awesome. What about F.A.S.T.? This is the test done to check if someone may have had a stroke. Face, Arms, Slurred (speech), Time (to call 999). Can be searched for on the Internet.

I'm not on Talking Point much these days but dropped in just now and spotted CDN in a thread title, helpfully defined in the first post: Community Dementia Nurse. Now added. And corrected CVA and LBD in response to a message a few days ago. Always happy to have suggestions for additions or corrections, and just delighted to know that people are still finding it useful.

Pam

Last edited:

Jully26

Jul 12, 2017
i want to say you thank you. Do you know thanks for why? Thanks for your valuable post. After long time today i got a fantastic forum. Thanks a lot.

Juba

Jul 27, 2019
Wow! That's quite a list - many thanks for the link as that will really help me understand posts better until I become more familiar with the terms etc.
Thanks for the comments and your point Canary re. making references less subjective - good point.

LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS SEEN IN TALKING POINT, AND SOME TALKING POINT JARGON

Here is a list of some abbreviations which crop up in Talking Point (TP) postings (and at the end a small "Jargon" section). They include some medical terms, some terms to do with the care/benefits labyrinth, a few abbreviations used in emails and texts generally, and some which just seem to be used on Talking Point. Some are included which may seem "obvious", but it seemed better to err on the side of helpfulness to stressed readers.

Based on Cliff's 2007 list

MillieMoo32

Jul 11, 2021
Fantastic DNR is also NFR not for resuscitation., BIM is best interests meeting
I have seen lots of ax on my mums documents which is assessment. CRT was sent for social worker allocation but not worked out that one yet 😂

MillieMoo32

Jul 11, 2021
Hi there
Thanks for that I was a NHS nurse & there just appears to be some many more of this coded speak it’s a minefield

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khaugeberg