1. Q&A: Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) - Thursday 27 Sept, 3-4pm

Power of attorney (LPA) is a legal tool that gives another adult - often a carer or family member - the legal authority to make decisions on behalf of someone with dementia, if they become unable to themselves.

Our next expert Q&A will be hosted by Flora and Helen from our Knowledge Services team. They will be answering your questions on LPA on Thursday 27 September from 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Abandonment why feel like this 18 months after entering home

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Talking Point' started by Jolly sailor, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Jolly sailor

Jolly sailor Registered User

Apr 1, 2017
    i know my mother has Alzheimer's late stages to, so why now do I question did I do the right thing putting her in home, when visit it's clear she needs to be there dosnt recognise me...so why do I feel I have abandoned her?

2. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Moderator

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
    because you are human. @Jolly sailor and because you care
    I honestly think that the head makes sound decisions and we know we did what had to be done for our parent, but to make those decisions we have to side step the heart which is pulling us in a different direction, then in time the heart catches up and we begin to wonder - dad's been in his care home over 3 years now and no way could I cope with him in my small home, but oh at times I just want to bundle him up and bring him with me - head reminds me each time it would be a disaster for us both, but that doesn't stop the wanting and the sadness
    be gentle with yourself