Aaaah!!

Sterling

Jun 20, 2013
So having had a reassuring chat with the hospital yesterday about how things would now move forward ie with no one to be around for her 24 hours a days she needs to go in to a Dementia Care Home , my mum who has forgotten she was horrid yesterday rings to tell me she is being discharged at 10 am Wednesday. I rang the hospital and they tell me they have 2 patients with the same first name and there has been a mistake. But a care plan giver wants to bring mum home for an hour to see how she copes at home. My mum's house is tidy and clean but she can't cope on her own. She doesn't know what's real or a dream, she is has become more and more insulated and I 'm frightened that they are going to send her back home and we will be back to square . How do I deal with this?

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Good advice from 2jays but I would also speak to your Mum's Consultant, if you can't reach him leave a message with her/his Secretary that you need an urgent meeting to discuss your Mum's 'best interests'.

Each cog of the wheel turns its own little part of the mechanism.
They all think they have autonomy but they don't.
Saying 'best interest' alerts all agencies to the fact that there is a vulnerable person in the mix and convenience and finances are secondary.

I would not allow a home visit, I would insist on a best interest meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

optocarol

Nov 23, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
So having had a reassuring chat with the hospital yesterday about how things would now move forward ie with no one to be around for her 24 hours a days she needs to go in to a Dementia Care Home , my mum who has forgotten she was horrid yesterday rings to tell me she is being discharged at 10 am Wednesday. I rang the hospital and they tell me they have 2 patients with the same first name and there has been a mistake. But a care plan giver wants to bring mum home for an hour to see how she copes at home. My mum's house is tidy and clean but she can't cope on her own. She doesn't know what's real or a dream, she is has become more and more insulated and I 'm frightened that they are going to send her back home and we will be back to square . How do I deal with this?

What's she (care plan giver) going to learn in 1 hour - I think this is ridiculous!

Glad others who live there have replied.

Sterling

Jun 20, 2013
She ran from her bungalow 1 month ago, fearing for her life (from a dream that she fully believed) and having been at the new hospital for just 4 days, they want to return her back into that environment without truly knowing if she is better or how she would react??

Thank you so much for all your replies and help. I now have an appt with the consultant on Thursday where I can fill them in on all the build up to this crisis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet