Aaaaargh! Pain of the day

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Fraser,

How, what for and why, etc? I seriously doubt that they can do this without a bulletproof reason and then probably not with 14 days' notice either.

Have you been given any reasons?

Jude

frazer

Sep 9, 2004
london
Notice

Well, they can. Last night the matron of dad's "care" home reduced my wife to tears as she asked (on her 5th call that day) when we were picking my dad up today. You see she has someone coming for his room on saturday. My begging letter, asking for a bit of time while we made some arrangements fell on deaf ears. Like a fool, I hadnt realised that even after a care home assessment, a SS placing, an acute heart condition, and dementia, he can still be kicked out because he's self funded. SS can't do a thing, and the home he was top of the list for has now said they won't take him in at all, even if there is a place (following a conversation between matrons). Suicide pact is undergoing strong consideration. Why doesnt anyone care about my dad?

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Fraser

this is appalling for you all, and quite heartless.

I can't say anything or suggest anything that will help directly, but in your position, I'd be inclined to contact a tabloid newspaper - whichever may be your flavour - and see if they would like to do a spread on this. One that favours the Conservative Party might be best since they are out of power and want in.

Seems to me you have nothing to lose as you can't really make things worse.

Best wishes, hope things may improve very soon.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Fraser,

Not inappropriate at all under the circs!

Get on to the newspapers and your local TV station right now and arrange for them to be there when your father is 'evicted'. Ring your MP, the SS and anyone else you can think of straight away too. Refuse to move him until alternative arrangements have been made. Also speak to your Solicitor today.

Highlight the problem and embarrass these people no end. Make as much fuss as you possibly can! This is just not on.

Jude

frazer

Sep 9, 2004
london
eviction

problem is i dont want to cause trouble for dad until I have him safe. He gets the brunt when we raise issues, not me. I have a plan (or is it a dream?), and hopefully will have him safe very soon. Just need to hang in.
After which. . .

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Frazer,

Do whatever you feel comfortable with. You father cannot be in a worse position than now and I'd be going all out for blood, but you must do what you feel is best.

Jude

C

Chesca

Frazer and Mrs Frazer, where are you at? Thinking of you both and Dad in this absolute brutal experience. Keep in touch, when you can. We're here, and don't forget it and don't forget the sound advice from Jude and Bruce - a little public laundry washing sometimes washes whiter than white - ask the tiresome, fat little tyke londoner dj chappie who markets Daz or whatever.

Thinking of you all with the highest of hopes
Chesca

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Dear Fraser
could you get the eviction videoed?
What sort of MP do you have if he is a tory, he would love to hear about your problems,if not he could be one of the helpful ones.
Thinking of wish I could be more help
Regards
Norman