A way to prevent equipment being turned off.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
Some of the replies made me smile. My mum was a master thwarting solutions. If there was a way round it she would find it, it really was amazing to see some of the ingenious ways she'd find. I always said she would have benefitted MI6 working for them as a gadget tester.
On a serious note I hope the airbrick piccy works for you.

stg

Apr 5, 2021
I did put up a dummy circuit break box on the wall but lower down under the real on and she is fixated on this now and not the real circuit breaker box and is merrily flicking the circuit breakers several times a day which is great.

However she has started with the radiator valves, which I have started another thread about trying to lock them into a certain position. If you have any advice could you please post it there

Thanks

stg

Apr 5, 2021
Some of the replies made me smile. My mum was a master thwarting solutions. If there was a way round it she would find it, it really was amazing to see some of the ingenious ways she'd find. I always said she would have benefitted MI6 working for them as a gadget tester.
On a serious note I hope the airbrick piccy works for you.
I have not got round to do the air brick piccy yet as I have been busy but will update you all later.

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
There have now been four occasions on which my dad has apparently switched off the boiler isolator resulting in no hot water or heating. The last one despite a big label that put there to identify the switch. I think we need to be able to switch off the power in emergency. Has anyone seen a physical covering for a standard wall switch?

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
Is this any good @MartinWL :
Thanks for that, very useful. The only issue is how it could be unlocked in an emergency if the isolator needed to be used. I have ordered a switch cover already but non-locking, if that does not work then I will order this lockable cover. Thanks again.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
@MartinWL
There's a complete range of products operated by a fish key
31Rywha2bhL._AC_SS450_.jpg

this one could replace a normal wall switch.
The key can be left in or removed, commonly used for fire alarm or emergency lighting tests.
Spare keys can be purchased and are easy to hide.
If getting spare make sure you get the correct one, some electricians carry a set

81gOnAiLjeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg