A waiting game

Quandrum

Apr 7, 2021
I have spoken to receptionist for a call back for my mum still waiting.?
social services said if they get involved they may take control.this is my mum she is calmer now but still aggressive still won’t eat won’t take meds.so what do I do

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Will your mum drink anything? Could you make her a cup of tea or a milky drink? This might be calming and drinking is far more important than eating in the short term. Just try later or give up if your mum refuses to take her medication. You can't force it down. Hopefully you will get a call back soon (is this from the GP?).

Leave the room if your mum becomes very aggressive. Don't hesitate to call 111 or even 999 you think either of you are in danger from her behaviour.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Hi @Quandrum , it sounds like your mother needs more help than one person can provide. If social services don't get back I'd call 111 and get your mum checked over. It might be that she has a urine or another infection. It might also mean that she needs to go to hospital to get sorted out. As @lemonbalm says a drink if your mum would accept it may help.

Quandrum

Apr 7, 2021
Will your mum drink anything? Could you make her a cup of tea or a milky drink? This might be calming and drinking is far more important than eating in the short term. Just try later or give up if your mum refuses to take her medication. You can't force it down. Hopefully you will get a call back soon (is this from the GP?).

Leave the room if your mum becomes very aggressive. Don't hesitate to call 111 or even 999 you think either of you are in danger from her behaviour.
She has had 6 cups of tea and slowly mellowing lol

Quandrum

Apr 7, 2021
Thanks she has calmed down I am still the bad guy obviously I just need her to eat and take her meds. Any ideas?.

Quandrum

Apr 7, 2021
Lemon I won’t hesitate if I think she is in danger thank you for the support

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
I wouldn't push your mum to eat or take medication if you think it will make her very aggressive. However, if you think it is worth a go, will she eat if you eat with her? What is her favourite thing to eat? Often sweet stuff if more appealing or something she can just pick up like cubes of cheese, sausage rolls, cream cheese on small pieces of bread etc, "finger food" that's easy to pop in. GP may be able to advise if med's can be in an easier form to take.

I'm sure the tea is helping! At least she won't be dehydrated.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi @Quandrum - Im glad your mum is calming down
Please dont hesitate to call the police if something like this happens again. They are trained in what to do and have the authority to contact the Community Psychiatric Team (who are the people to contact over this sort of thing) as an emergency.

PS - I dont understand your comment about "social services said if they get involved they may take control." as in your other thread you seemed to be saying that they wouldnt do anything.

Quandrum

Apr 7, 2021
I thought she was calm gone too see her she has thrown plates at me ornaments I have reacted in a bad way s mashed her top table piece emotionally I’m a wreck, my poor mum

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet