A very easy end

foxhound

Jun 26, 2008
I haven't posted here for a long while. The site was an absolute lifesaver during some very dark days indeed a couple of years ago, but by the grace of God my mother sailed out of those waters and into much calmer ones.

She was very weak, but fully recognised me, came twice a day to walk the dog (well to sit in the car while I did), to enjoy a morning ice-cream and to take great pleasure in her food. She also very often smiled at my (sometimes rather dark) jokes.

She went very easily and peacefully in her sleep a couple of days ago, in her own bed after an excellent supper. The cause was heart disease - we had always thought her heart was as strong as an ox!

The point of this post is to give anyone who is fighting to look after someone at home the knowledge that it CAN sometimes be done. I suppose also to give a sense of hope that there sometimes can be easy water after the terrible times. I would also like to thank "the forum" for the help it gave during the very dark times.

PLEASE PLEASE don't feel you have to pop a condolence post up.

I will probably try and leave the world of caring behind now, but equally may well pop up here now and again to see if I can offer the odd word form my experience. But then again I may not...

Foxhound

PS There are now two wheelchairs up for grabs, I'll do a seperate post on those!

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
PLEASE PLEASE don't feel you have to pop a condolence post up.

Dear Foxhound, sorry but I do have to pop a condolence post up!

You were very supportive to me when my I was caring for my ma and I remember you and have wondered where you had got to.

What a peaceful end for your mum - this disease has been cruel to her and it's lovely to read that she slipped away peacefully.

Sincere condolences to you Foxhound, thinking of you xx

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
I want to post a condolence too and also to say I am so pleased that it was a peaceful end for your mother.

Thinking of you

Love

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Foxhound,

I am sorry to hear of your sad loss, but so glad for you all that it was peaceful.

The wonder of this site is that it does give you a view on every aspect of the disease - good and bad. Whilst my personal method of coping is to look at the worst case scenario so that I might be prepared for it, at the same time there is always hope that things might be simple for all involved.

Your story shows that it is possible - and we could all do with some hope!

Best wishes to you and your family xxx

mowood

Dec 27, 2009
West Yorkshire
Dear Foxhound

Thank you for sharing this experience and for your words of encouragement - I'm trying to care for my mum at home.

I'm sorry that you've lost your mum but I'm glad that she had a peaceful passing. It's what I wish for for my own mum.

Wishing you peace and fortitude to deal with whatever comes next.

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Foxhound, hi
I'm also sending my condolences to you and your family on the loss of your mum.
It is good to hear that her going was peaceful after such a long journey with this disease.
I wish you well for your future whatever you choose to do but remember that you and your experience will always be welcome here.
Best wishes, Jo

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
I too wish to add my condolences. It is very generous of you to take the time to write about your own experiences at this difficult time. I am so pleased that your mum went peacefully and in her sleep. Thank you for your confirmation that it is possible to care for someone at home. Very best wishes to you x

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Foxhound,

Your mum's passing was so peaceful and natural...and for her sake and yours that's a blessing.

Thankyou for letting us know..I do hope you will accept my sincere condolences.

Wishing you strength and peace for the future.

Love xx